Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, November 26, 2004

Hello there my lovelies............................

Hello there my lovelies............................

I was really busy this week and really didn´t have a chance to post anything. A lot happened.

First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all. We don´t celebrate it here, so I of course had to work yesterday. It was my first Thanksgiving abroad. I normally spend Thanksgivings with my grandparents in Northern California, but I couldn´t this year. I really miss them a lot, but at least I got to talk to them today and I was happy.

I also got my hair trimmed yesterday. I went to a nice English-speaking hair salon here in Barcelona. It was a nice salon too, with a lot of antique stuff. Anyways, I always feel better after a haircut. The hair stylists here kinda massage your scalp when they shampoo your hair. That never happened in the salons back at home. What´s up with that?

I also started teaching my new student this week on Tuesday. I was in a hurry to get to his house, and on the way there I stepped in a little pile of dog shit without realizing it. I didn´t realize it until a couple of minutes later when I felt a lump under my shoe. That was nasty. There was nothing I could do to get the damn shoes clean again. I tried walking in the grass, but that was no good because there were a million piles of dog shit planted there. I also tried walking in puddles, and it still wouldn´t come off.  When I got to his house I told him it would be better for me to take off my shoes, but he said that it wasn´t necessary, even though I asked him like three times.  So.......... while I was giving him his lesson, the room kinda smelled like ass a little. I hope that he didn´t think it was me.

Oh ! My mom sent me a package with DVDs in ENGLISH !!!!! Yay ! I also was sent bubble gum and cookies. I shared a little with my roommate. I am gonna teach him how to blow bubbles soon.

Speaking of my roommate, he didn´t hear me come home today. And I was in the office with the door shut talking to my grandparents. So after he got out of the shower he walked in naked to get something. Luckily I didn´t see anything except the expression on his face. He looked so startled. That´ll teach him to be a little more careful next time.

What else........................... Have you ever seen the movie Boiler Room ? My job strongly reminds me of that movie, except for the company that my bosses are promoting is actually real and legit. That movie will never be the same for me again.

But like the Boiler Room where they had a nice party, we are also having a nice party. We are gonna have dinner at a nice expensive restaurant near the beach. I think that my boss reserved the place just for us. And afterwards we are gonna go and chill out at a nice lounge. I am really looking forward to that. I didn´t think that us telemarketers were gonna be invited. I love nice parties where I get to dress up. Yay ! My first fancy party in Barcelona :) I hope that I will have many more parties to attend as I get into the professional working world.

Well, that is all for now. I was supposed to go out tonight, but the guy cancelled on me. This is the second time he did that, and we´ve never even met. We were supposed to go see Natacha Atlas in concert last Friday but he cancelled on me at the last minute. So I nicely told him today that I don´t want to meet him anymore, despite his appologies. They never learn, I tell ya.

There is a saying that I recently found. ´´ Men are like wine. It is our duty to stomp the shit out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with. ´´

I am not a man hater. However I have learned that most men don´t respect you until you stand your ground. They don´t treat you well unless you give them their own medicine. It is not until I am a bitch that they treat me well. No wonder it is hard to go out here. I am a nice girl ! That is my problem. Oh well.

Anyways, I am going for reals now. Caio.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know why but my grandma used to say when you step in doggie poop, luck is coming your way. Maybe she just wanted to make the best of a bad situation. LOL!
Happy you seem to be enjoying yourself. Your mood seems up!

Angela
PS: You're right about men! :P