Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, November 15, 2004

The Latest Happenings in My Barcelona Life......

Hello there my lovelies.........

The weekend was kinda cool. The bonus to having a roommate is that he has friends. Lotsa friends. And some of them are really hot ;). Anyways on Saturday he invited some friends over and we all had tapas and wine. He made all of the tapas himself, and it was really, really good. We had meats, olives, bread and calamari.

One of my English students canceled on my for the weekend because she was sick. I wasn´t too upset because this meant that I could sleep in as long as I wanted. And I did. I slept till 2pm and I felt so relieved.

I also taught my new student for the first time. He is near La Sagrada Familia so the walk to his place is really nice. And although I went to an apartment, he doesn´t live there. He just uses it to relax. Nice. I wish I could do that. The wierd part about this place was that it was an old business for Tarot Card Readings and all the furniture, candles and special Tarot card tables were left behind.

What else ? Ah yes ! I still hate my job, but I like my life after work. After I got out of work today I walked down La Rambla and took a nice stroll through the other little windy little streets.

The thing that I love about Barcelona is the old, windy little streets. And the shops aren´t big brand name stores like I am used to seeing in the US. Each shop in these little streets are unique and sell cool stuff. This is a great city to open up a store and sell your stuff. Too bad most of it is expensive.

There are so many different types of people in this city and one thing is certain: People here wear whatever the hell they feel like, whether it looks good or not. I swear to Gawd that the 1980s have made a comeback. Women dye their hair all sorts of different colors and a lot of women here sport a mullet. Women also wear little mini skirts with leggings underneath. Big sweaters that hang off your shoulder are also popular. And remember those big socks from back in the day ? Those are back in style here too. I hope that this style or whatever you call it doesn´t make it´s way back to the US.

On Friday after I got out of work I went and took pictures of the animals sold on La Rambla. I took nice pictures of chicks, ducklings, hamsters and birdies. My mother loves cute little animals and these pictures are guaranteed to make her squeal with joy. But no matter how hard I try it seems impossible to post them up here for you all to see. I am alittle irritated. I have lots of nice pics of Barcelona and the animals.

Although I feel better today than I did, I am still a little worried. I live my life here day by day. Bit by bit. I hope that in January that I still have a job. Either that or I find another one. The thing that I am most worried about is getting a working contract. That´s really all I want right now. Let´s see what God wants.

What else ? Oh yeah, one of my favorite artists, Natacha Atlas, is coming here to Barcelona on Friday. She will be singing at the nightclub La Paloma, and I think that I am gonna go see her. She sings in Arabic and French. I have a lot of her music and I used to bellydance to it back when I was taking lessons. I think my roommate is coming with me too. Although I invited him I never expected him to actually agree because he is a guy.

Okay, it is kinda late here and I should go and get ready for bed. The days here really go by fast. At least I am doing my best to enjoy it all.

Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You do more in a weekend then I do in a month. : ) You sound as if your mind is in a better place. : )

Angela