Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Hello there everyone,

Well, today is the first time I am spending my birthday in a foreign country, and I know that it won´t be the last time either.

My birthday had an interesting start. I was getting dressed for work this morning when my roommate decided to wish me a happy birthday. He thought I was sleeping, so he just opened the door without knocking. And when he opened the door I had no shirt on. I shrieked and yelled at him to get out in English. I was so shocked that I lost my ability to yell at him in Spanish. Haha. At least he appologized after. I think he´ll know to knock next time. Sheesh.

 Today I have to say that I had a nice birthday overall. For starters, my boss gave me a lot of candy, and my coworkers signed a birthday card for me today. I wasn´t expecting anything, so this was a very nice surprise for me. I ate so much candy today. I was wired and giggling by the time I left the office.

My roommate also invited me to his family´s house for dinner and his mom cooked us a wonderful meal. I didn´t realize that we were eating dinner so I stuffed myself full of appetizers before the meal. I hate it when that happens. She also made a nice cake for me. They also gave my present which was a pair of pajamas for the winter that I am wearing right now. They are keeping me warm.

That was the good part of my birthday and I was lucky to be surrounded by people that cared. Even though I was lucky and had a wonderful birthday I still kinda feel lonely and empty. I´ve kinda been feeling this way for the past week and I can´t really describe the feeling, but it sucks. I really miss my family and friends back home and most friends back home don´t remember that it´s my birthday.

I am kinda starting to go out with someone here and he forgot my birthday today. He was also supposed to call me and make plans to hang out later this week. But of course that didn´t happen either. Today I really realized that he is not a keeper. I think that I will be saying goodbye to him soon. I don´t have a lot of faith in men, and the little faith that I have left is slowly starting to disappear. Oh well. What can ya do ?

I am happy that I got paid today from my job, but I realized that I got jacked out of some of my pay. I worked about 21 days this month but, they are only paying me for 19. I don´t understand. I am so upset. I am gonna go to work early to try and straighten this out. I work my ass off for shit pay, and they still try to keep some of my salary from me. I don´t understand why. There is soooooo much money in this business. They shouldn´t be doing this to me. I hope that this is all a mistake. I really have to watch my back. It sucks because I heavily depend on the money that I get. Stupid motherfuckers.

I learned an expression here : No me toca las pelotas. Loosely translated it means ¨don´t mess with me´´. If you wanna get literal it means ¨¨ don´t touch my balls.¨ I gotta learn how to stand up for myself more. And here I feel like I have to fight for the pay that I worked for and am entitiled to.

Anyways, I better go to bed. Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't you get my e-card? Well, Happy Birthday and I hope your year is great.
Angela

Anonymous said...

In case you are interested to play Madden, NCAA Football, FIFA, NHL2K or Fight Night tournaments on your Playstation 3 or Xbox console online for prize - we recruit for QA testers now. Become our fan on Facebook before March 31 and win $2,000 in cash: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&ref=mf&gid=298821430083&_fb_noscript=1