Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's more than just jewelry

Hello There My Lovelies,

I have a lot to write about. On Sunday I had a nice, long breakfast with my mother. I haven't seen her in a while. The first thing she did was give me a very special gift: My grandma's prized jewelry set. A necklace and a matching ring. I think it was Onyx, but I don't remember. I was told that my grandfather saved up to buy it for her. Of all the people it could've been given to my aunt and mom decided to give it to me, which was nice. I am my Oma's first granddaughter. They felt that Oma would've wanted me to have it.

My Oma provided me with a few firsts in my life. Her funeral was my first funeral that I've attended. Her jewelry set was the first real pieces of jewelry that I've ever received. I've recieved jewelry before, but it was all costume jewelry. She has really made an impression on me, even more so now that she is no longer here with us.

Anyway, my grandma and grandpa were lovebirds. They were the loves of each others' lives. My grandpa saved for that jewelry set, and my grandma treasured it and wore it only for special occasions. Now it is in my possession and I want to wear it every day, or at least very often.

My grandpa passed away in 1985 instantly from a heart attack on my Oma's birthday. They were just about to go to dinner. Twenty-one years later (about two months after her birthday) she passed away in the same manner. And I know she wanted it that way. And I think God finally allowed it to happen and let her come home. There was no chance to revive her when she died. It was instant during the middle of the day and she went peacefully. And that is part of why I miss her but don't feel sadness. This was clearly meant to be.

In the 21 years without my grandpa, she never stopped loving him. She did have another boyfriend, who adored her. They adored eachother and were happy. And I liked him a lot. I still do, he is a very kind man. They both lost their first spouses and found happiness with eachother. But there was no denying that my grandpa was her first love. And when she died she was buried right next to him.

Oma always used to ask me about boys or whether I had a man in my life. She would look at me, smile and ask me slowly in German if I had a boyfriend. "Sandra, hast du ein freund ?" She wanted me to experience true love. She told me how happy she was with her boyfriend, and how much she missed my grandpa. She told me that when it happened she would wantto come to my wedding.

I still haven't found true love. But I feel blessed that I have my Oma on my side, wanting me to have what she had all along. And this jewelry set is a constant reminder of that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I haven't inherite anything from anybody yet. LOL... The men in my life never bought me anything worth mentioning either, but I am gla that I can buy my own. Well, I coul when I had a job. LOL... They shoul put spellcheck in the comment section so I can at least get some of the d's without having to paste them! LOL

Anonymous said...

Foun this info for you:

Black onyx is believed to be one of the most powerful protection stones. It absorbs and transforms negative energy. Because of this quality people find it helpful in relieving stress and for emotional stability. It's one of the first (root chakra) grounding stones; as such, it encourages connection to material goals and to determination in realizing them.

It has been said that in India it was commonly worn to cool the ardors of love. Thus it may be very helpful for people who can't let go of past relationships (sometimes even long after they're over.) The same can be true of any belief which no longer serves one - and they can be as hard to let go of as past relationships. Onyx's value in such situations is that it can help to bring us into contact with our actual realities, and assist us in gradually releasing all that is not in harmony with our present lives.