Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, July 11, 2008

Retro Chic For the Ladies....

Hello Ladies..................

If you are anything like me, you look at movies from the 1930s-1950s and adore the dresses the glamorous actresses are wearing. I remember watching Bette Davis in All About Eve. I love watching the women on the black and white screen with their curled hair and pouty lips, and elegant dresses and hats and gloves............ My Grandma on my dad's side was definitely one of those women. And so was one of my great aunts, as she earned the reputation as a Hollywood Diva or something to that effect. They lived in Long Beach at the time, well the closest to Hollywood that my family got, lol.

When I was looking through pictures of My Oma, I saw her in a picture with her hair curled up and wearing my grandpa's uniform. It was classic. There were also a couple of pictures of her in her 1940s classic bathing suit.

Anyway, I found a website that makes dresses from that era........

http://www.stopstaringclothing.com/

I absolutely adore almost each one of these dresses. The problem is the price but I am sure I would entertain saving up for the black cocktail dress.

For Halloween I want to dress up from the 1940s. In the mean time, I will try and hit up a couple of consignment stores to find actual dresses from that era, maybe at a cheaper price.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I cant see this! GRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Oops... sorry... thought it was another You Tube. Yep @ I have seen that site before. on't ya love it?! I love the clothes from that era. I love ressing up like that & the stares I get. LOL

Anonymous said...

How about nothing on at alll!!!!