Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Change of Immigration Laws

Hello All,

Well folks, the immigration laws changed in my favor.  I knew that it had to happen sometime. So in a nutshell, I am finally eligible to get legal papers that will be valid for a year. I am STILL waiting for proof of my clean record to get mailed to me here from the FBI. I applied for this in late January, and I am STILL waiting for it.

The trick now is finding a company that will give me a work contract for the next six months. That´s gonna be interesting. I have been applying online for different positions. We´ll see what happens. I am nervous all over again.

This new law will expire on May 7th. So if I don´t apply by May 7th then I am outta luck again.

I would like to get a good job because I am qualified and they need people like me with a college education a high level of English and enough Spanish. You know what the English level is like around here ? It sucks. It would be great to be able to tell people that my first real out of college job was in Spain.

But if I can´t get my papers, no sweat. I have been through this before and I can deal with the doors being slammed in my face. I also happen to want to go home, and my money is running out. And I am getting no financial help from back home, so I really do need to go in June if things don´t change regardless of what I am told. My student loans won´t just vanish into thin air and I don´t really care to get into more debt.

I also spoke to a prospective student today. What a joke. Trying to get the class for free because it´s the first class. Whatever. I can bet that he will probably cancel on me at the last minute tommorow.

Since I also put up my ad again yesterday, I got 2 new people asking about my classes. I will call them tommorow. One guy sounds really serious which is good.

Anyways, enough for today and I will post more later. Ciao.

 

No comments: