Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, April 3, 2005

May the Pope Rest in Peace

Hello,

I have to admit that I never go to church and I don't like to. I don´t like organized religion very much. I especially didn´t like the Catholic church after reading about the scandals in the news. No disrespect to anyone.

And while the Pope was alive I really wasn´t interested in him either. But now that I am reading about his life after he died, I really wish that I could have payed more attention. Although I don't agree with all of his beliefs ( women as religious leaders, abortion and birth control) I really loved that he was a man for world peace and tried to bring different religions together. He was a good man overall, and I am sorry that his time has come.

I just hope that the next Pope will continue to promote peace, which is what I believe God would really want.

I didn´t expect to feel sad about his death because I never payed attention when he was on the news and I never cared what he was about because he was the head of the Catholic Church. But now I realize that there was a lot of good in the Catholic Church.

No comments: