Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

More Updates

Hello Everyone,

Well, after David handed out my resumes to companies at the airport, I did get a call back from AVIS. AND......... they were willing to give me a contract for at least 6 months. I was so excited ! I thought that I could finally get my legal papers ! But then they told me that I need to have a Spanish driver´s license and I don't have one. To get one I have to be a resident here. So therefore, I am still out of gas.

The secretary at my job asked the lawyers that my bosses hired about helping me out. She told me that it could all be worked out very quickly if I could present ANY legal document from the Spanisk government to prove that I was here before August 8th ( utility bills, requests for social security......) . I couldn´t do it. The earliest documents I have are from September. So for now there isn´t anything she can do.

David called me yesterday and said that I have an interview tommorow with someone at the airport. I had to ask for time off work but my boss wasn´t too happy about it. Screw him. I am always working and I always make up my missed time. I am trying so hard to get out of this hellhole of a job. So he is either going to have to accept that I need tommorow afternoon off or fire me. And if he fires me, I would not put up a fight.

Who knows what will happen tommorow. If I even get a working contract I know that there will still be a lot of challenges in the way. I am still not even eligible to ASK for working papers. I don´t even want to imagine how long I will be standing in line for if I somehow became eligible for legal papers. I saw the line on TV yesterday and it was soooooooooooooooooo long. I would probably spend the night if I had to.

The people at the foreigners office are so damn rude. I thought it was just me because I was American. Nope. They are equal opportunity haters of anyone that is not Catalan. I hope these people get to deal with the US government someday.

Anyways, I will keep y'all posted on how things go. Ciao.

No comments: