Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, April 22, 2005

Summary for Yesterday

Hello Everyone,

Well, yesterday I had an interview and today I now know that I didn´t get the position. And David made it all sound so convincing to me. I was told that the woman was really excited about me and that she was willing to give me a contract even though I don´t have a NIE ( number for foreigners required to work).

Then I went into the job site and waited and waited and she never came out to get me. So I went to the back office and it turns out I had to wait a while for my turn because there was a line.

Anyways, I did the interview in Spanish and I did alright with that. But the first thing she asked me for was my NIE. And I told her that I don´t have one, but that if the company gives me a contract I will then have permission to legally work here. Of course the women looked at me like I was stupid. This new amnesty law that makes it easier for foreigners to get papers is very new and it has been changing, and many times the information printed is wrong.

Anyways, the women told me that IF I got hired I would have to complete a 2 week training course. Of course they wouldn´t pay me for that. And even if I got chosen to do the training I that still wouldn´t mean that I got hired. Even after I do the training and take the tests without pay, they could still deny me the job.

I was told then that they would call me if they felt I was qualified.

I didn´t get called.

I don´t know what to do anymore. I am planning on going home. Of course I will hope that things get better and continue to try. But let´s be realistic. This isn´t going anywhere and I don´t want to permanently live here either. Going back home isn´t such a bad idea.

I gotta go. The school here is closing. Will write more. Ciao.

No comments: