Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, April 18, 2005

My weekend

Hello Everyone,

I went to Port Lligat yesterday to visit Dali's House. His house is absolutely amazing. The trip was worth it. There is no doubt that although the man was crazy he was pure genious. You have to buy the tickets in advance because there are ony 6 people allowed in each room at a time. The house was pretty much left in it's original state. All the furniture there was there when Dali and Gala lived there. It was wierd standing in Dali's personal bathroom.

What I liked was that the staff was nice (rare around here) and they were happy to answer questions. The tourguide even spoke English ! I took so many pictures. Thank God for digital cameras.

 I also walked around Cadaques. It was absolutely beautiful. The buildings were whitewashed with blue doors and it is a very peaceful town. The people are also very nice, compared to Barcelona, where people just don't give a shit. It was so nice to get out of the city for a change.

 I was supposed to go on Saturday but I missed the bus. So I went yesterday instead. But when I tried to withdraw cash from the bank so I could have money to buy a ticket home my booklet didn't work. So I had to use my credit card which is almost full as it is. If I didn't bring my credit cards I wouldn't have had any money to get home. My booklet STILL won't work. Of course the banks are open UNTIL I get off work so I will have to wait until Thursday to be able to sort this out. Luckily my roommate lent me some money so I could buy some food.

I am also working on trying to get working papers. I honestly don't know how to feel about this anymore. Anytime my hopes are raised one day I swear they are shot down the next. No joke. You probably think I am just being negative but you really don't know. I have been in this predicament since January and so far NO progress has been made. The answers so far have pretty much been a resounding no.

 I was hopeful over the weekend because on Friday my boss said that she was going to call her lawyers to see if there is anything they can do. I came in today and she still hasn't had the chance to ask. I got a call from a company looking for people that speak English to be an administrative assistant, but they coudn't help me.

My old roommate did me a huge favor and talked to his friend that works at the airport. He also handed out my resumes to various companies and told them about my situation. I was told that they might call me back tommorow for an interview. I will keep my mobile on tommorow. But I don't know what I am going to do if they don't call me. This is one of my last options besides marraige. So I have my fingers crossed.

Anyways, I gotta go. Ciao.

No comments: