Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Weekend Summary and Venting

Hello,

Today I took a nice long walk with my roommate and we walked all the way down to the beach. Very nice, and the weather is starting to get hot. We had ice cream and then had a drink on the beach. Very nice. We also talked about our dreams and how we want to make lots of money. We always do.

I realized the reason that I am unhappy right now is because I absolutely hate the job I am in right now and I really don´t have any other options. And my boss is a jackass. He doesn´t even want to write me a letter that would help me to get legal with the new amnesty law right now. Really, there is nothing that he really has to do. All he has to do is write a letter on the company letterhead stating that he´s willing to hire me for six months, stamp it and sign it. What a fucker. I hope he dies of his crack addiction. You think I am joking. I think my boss is on drugs. He has all the symptoms.

I keep applying to other companies but no one is willing to give me a chance. Either that or I somehow fall short of the requirements. For example, 2 car rental companies called me back and offered me an interview. But I didn´t get it in the end because I don´t have a Spanish driver´s license. And to have one I need to be a resident here. I am sick of hearing no all the time. I mean, there has got to be a time when things get better. It´s not that getting working papers is completely out of reach. I am really close, but the answer always turns out to be no in the end. And I have until May 7th to sort this out. The Spanish government set a deadline on this. So yeah, if I don´t apply for papers before then I am out of gas.

Anyways, I have 8 more weeks of working at this shithole and then I am going home. I have debt back home that needs to be paid, and if I stay here I will just continue to work under the table in English all the time, and I will continue to get walked all over by my students. Due to my lack of money I can´t even travel around as much as I would like.

 My priority right now is building up my skills so that I can get a good job, whether is is learning Spanish or working for a Spanish company. And right now due to my job I spend a lot of time speaking English.

I have improved my Spanish, learned about Spanish and Catalan cultures, and traveled a little. So being here has done me good. I have lots of beautiful pictures to prove it. But I need to do something better with my life, and I would love to start working and building my resume here. But of thats not possible, then it´s better that I go home.

Okay, I feel better now. I think that tommorow I have a private Spanish lesson, but I am sure that he´ll cancel on me since he did last time. But if he cancels at least I still have my Spanish class.

Speaking of Spanish class, we have been learning about making commands in Spanish. I am relieved, since I forgot how since my last Spanish class. I should be learning about subjunctives next week. I am finally learning the grammar that I haven´t learned yet.

Anyways, I am gonna go and clean my room and get ready for the week ahead. I am hoping that I´ll get a call from a company that´s willing to give me a contract. Who knows?

No comments: