Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Birdies

Hello Everyone,

I am kinda stressed out because I have been trying to get legal here and get papers to work so that I can live a NORMAL life here. The funny thing is that no one really knows the laws. You always get different answers. I am so confused. Luckily I should be finding things out for sure next month as the new immigration laws go into effect. But I will write about this later. Because it is a really interesting/stressful process and everyone has their own unique experiences. And if you are a traveler at heart and want to visit Spain one day, this would be of interest. So stay tuned for tommorow.............

But I got cheered up today by watching birdies here. If you are a bird lover, Barcelona is a great place to watch birds.

On the way to work this morning I saw an old man sitting on the bench, feeding a huge crowd of birds. At first I thought it was disgusting because there was shit all over the ground. But then I began to watch him.

There were so many birds surrounding him: Seagulls, pigeons, cute little plump birdies................ And the man captured their attention. He would just throw bread and they would all go for it. It's strange how the birds weren't really fighting each other. They just waited around for the next throw or bread. And they were all looking at him and squawking at him almost in unison. Kinda like the birds in Finding Nemo : Mine, Mine, Mine..................... Lol. It was like a guy throwing candy to a crowd of kids.

Thats not the only thing I love on my way to work. We have lots of palm trees outside and monk parakeets live inside them. They are beautiful emerald green birds that have an awful squawk. And they have attitudes. They like to eat the fruit/nuts in the palm trees. And as I am walking to work, I get hit by the falling pieces. I always look for them on my way in and out of work.

Barcelona is a city with pollution, traffic and lots of people. But you still manage to find exotic animals here that are wild. Did you even know that we have wild boars that sometimes make their way into the city ?

Anyways, gotta go but I will update more on getting legal tommorow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra
I do remember the birds, and yes I fed them too.  Are you by the coast?  Did you see that huge statue of Christopher Columbus pointing to the US?  God, I miss Spain.  There were times when I missed being home (remember I had a boyfriend of 3 years waiting for me) but you will look back and smile.  I hope I can go to Spain when I make my European trip this year.   Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world....
Katie's top 6 most beutiful cities in the world...(I had to add a 6 because I forgot about....well, look.)
1.  Munic, Germany
2.  Montpilliar, France
3. New Your City, U.S durrr.... btw I'm bringin the expression durrr back! lol
4. Barcelona, Spain
5. Hong Kong, China
6. Salsburg, Austria

Don't be stressed out over papers... the Spanish are so libreral.  However, they no not like the Morros...
 Do they still make out everywhere, well they did in 2001.
Keep your head up, work hard!
~ Katie