Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, January 8, 2005

My thoughts about Barcelona................

Hello Everyone,

I went out last night to go dancing, but we had to cut it short because my stomach hurt too much to dance. I was a little miffed. Because I really wanted to practice the Latin dance moves. But I am not too upset, because we are gonna try again tommorow night. I love to dance. Especially to Mark Anthony's voice. I am a white girl with a Latin soul. :)

Today I slept in late and went over for lunch at my roommate's parents house.

I am gonna miss this city. Here are some things I am gonna miss...............

1.) The food. I ate really well here. I absolutely love Spanish food. And people cooked for me. And they love it.

2.) Not worrying about getting attacked or shot. My biggest worry is getting my purse stolen. And I can go out by myself at night.

3.) Minivans and SUVs do not exist here. And if they do, they are very rare. I hate those vehicles.

4.) There isn´t so much political correctness and censorship here as there is in the states.

5.) People on the streets and in your apartment building with talk to you. Neighbors know each other , and it is not strange to walk up to a stranger and talk to him/her.

6.) The old architecture and deep history in the city,

7.) The most beautiful sunrises and sunsets you could imagine.

And here is what I am looking forward to when I go back to the states..

1.) Good customer service.

2.) Being able to understand people.

3.) Being a citizen and having full legal rights

4.) Free refills on drinks

5.) Not so many people pissing in the streets

6.) Smoke free environment

7.) And most importantly, my family

Okay, I better get back to looking for a decent job when I get back. Ciao.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gosh!!! I made a list just like this...
Things I liked (was the same as yours)  PLUS
1.  How familys like to go on walks.
2.  How old men walk arm and arm together.
3.  There quick coffee shops, where they take a shot of espresso.
4. There hot chocolate, that isn't anything like our hot chocolate.  
5.  Tortilla Espanola!
6. Fresh Flowers everywhere... wait till March.
7.  Hottie Morros!
8. The Spanish and their football!!! Roberto Carlos!
9. Clubs... go out at 12 come home at 8am.
10. Kissing someone that you don't know!

Things I didn't miss
1. Kissing someone that you don't know!  lol
2..  PDA, GOD guys!!! Get a room!!!!
3.  RANCH, do they have Ranch in Europe?
4.  Chapstick
5.  I'm not a Dr. Pepper fan, however, if you can't have it you want it... so Dr. Pepper.
6.  Food that still have their eyes.
7. Slabs of cow hanging out the window with flies on it.
8. Cars running over you even when you are on foot and you have the right a way...
9. Milk that should be kept in the fridge.


Hope you enjoyed... thanks for the trip down memory lane.  
Katie (IM dailysmudge)