Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, January 31, 2005

Waiting to see what will happen.............

Hello Everyone,

Gosh, I am tired of this cold weather. I am waiting for the warmer weather to roll around. I miss the warm weather and going to the beach SO BAD. I work like 5 minutes next to the beach. I also live like 10 minutes away from a nicer beach. I wanna go really bad. Especially since I am white and could really use a tan.

Well, I sent in my fingerprints last week to the FBI so that they can mail me back my proof that I am not a criminal so that I can work on getting papers. Knowing how slow the US government is at proceessing paperwork I can only hope that I get it back within 6-8 weeks like they said.

Now, I am just waiting to see what my roommate has to say. We spoke to a guy that know the laws and helps people and we are waiting for a fax of legal documents that I may need to fill out. Don´t ask me how my roommate knows this guy. I have no idea. I am just glad that he was there to help us.

If things work out, I may be able to quit my current job as a phone monkey and work in the airport until I get legal papers. If things look even better, I might even be able to actually get a better job at ACS, which is an American company that deals with finances. I had my student loans with them before they got bought and consolidated by another company.

The woman there was really happy to hear about my qualifications and all was well until she found out that I don´t have legal papers. Then she told me there is nothing she can do for me. See, the companies here won´t do jack shit to help you get legal. But at least she told me that the job will still be there after I get everything squared away.

This is if things work out. Who knows. I might be told after all that there is no hope for me. Either way, its all good. If I get a better job, I will be so happy and go on a fat shopping spree. If not, well then I have plane tickets to Austria and then back to CA. So I am either getting a good paying job and receiving papers to be able to legally work here for a year. Or I am going home. I can live with either choice right now. Although being able to work anywhere legally in the EU sounds really good to me. I would stay in Spain for a while then give Austria or Germany a try teaching English.

I also just registered for Spanish classes again. After my incident at the foreigners office, I took the hint and decided that I need to improve my speaking and writing skills. Basically whenI went to the foreigners office to ask about getting my criminal record in Spain, he told me that I didn´t need to. However, I didn´t understand him, and he got pissed at me and it took me a couple of hours after he told me to get lost to realize what he meant. Way to go for me, huh ?

I also found a brochure for bellydancing. I miss it so badly. I used to practice every week and I haven´t danced in 6 months. I mean, sometimes I practice for like 5 minutes in my room but that really doesn´t count. Bellydance is my passion and when I dance I could care less what people think of me. I am gonna call the school tommorow and hope that they have openings on my days off.

 

No comments: