Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, March 27, 2004

Just a few thoughts..........

Hello everyone,

I worked today as well as last night. Thank God most of my customers were nice and smiling at me. I ALWAYS appreciate it when people are nice. I made about 100 bucks yesterday. I also made 50 bucks today during my 2 and a half hour shift today. For Red Lobster, that is pretty good money. But since tommorow is Sunday, and we all know that Sunday is full of church-folk and ghettoness, I will just be pleased if people are nice.

Another thought.............. Ever since I have been in the restaurant business, I have noticed just how much food we waste. It is so sad. People will eat their steak but leave the large portions of rice behind. Sometimes they don't even finish their steak. People rarely finish their salads. I hate it the most when people barely eat their food and tell me that they don't even want to take it home. Yeah, yeah I know............. People have the right to throw away food they don't want if they paid for it. But I can't help thinking about how wasteful it is.

 Last year I took a course in world hunger. In that class I learned just how many people are starving, and a lot of people here in the US suffer from starvation. I just wish that I could scoop the leftovers from peoples plates and give them to the starving. You know how your mom used to tell you to "eat your food because there are poor starving children out there" to get you to eat your vegetables? There is a lot of truth to that. I also learned that there are 6 billion people in the world and there are only enough resources for 3 billion people. That means that half of the world's population is suffering. Its so sad.

I just got done watching the DVD of the first year of Law and Order. That show rocks !! Dick Wolf is a genius. The shows deal with a wide variety of difficult issues such as the bombing of abortion clinics or euthanasia of AIDS patients. Issues like these are never black or white, and Wolf just puts it out there for the viewers to decide. I also love the show because it gives me an insight on how our legal/justice system works as well as watching the lawyers argue their cases.

I am relieved that I have a whole week of NO SCHOOL. I have a lot of studying to do though. YUCK. Y'all enjoy the weekend :)

No comments: