Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, March 9, 2004

The Never-Ending Argument About Abortion

Hello everyone,

Today was a thinking day. On the way to get some lunch, there was this Pro-Life group with pictured of dead babies shown after an abortion procedure. It was very graphic with pictures of a severed head among other things.There was also a sign comparing Hitler's holocaust to all the abortion killings going on today. I think they went a little too far. C'mon, now. The Holocaust and abortions are totally separate issues.  I remember when the PETA compared animal killings to Hitler's holocaust. Hell, even Bush has been compared to Hitler. I think that groups like these need to do better, more extensive research.

What was low, was that the adults were having their little kids passing out anti-abortion brochures. The children looked younger than 10 years old. I am guessing the adults were too chicken-shit to do it themselves. After all, who is gonna be mean to a little kid?

I mean, the people that were preaching pro-life views were older men. They aren't women. They will never have to be pregnant, and will never know what it feels like. And there they are telling women what "we should do with out bodies". There were also teenage girls present also, but they looked like preteens. I don't think they really understand the issue. I know I didn't when I was their age and I still don't completely.

Whats sad is that pro-life people like this ( that claim to believe in LIFE) are the same people bombing abortion clinics and threatening the lives of the doctors. They somehow believing that killing can prevent killing. How rational.

They are passing judgement. I personally believe in abortion as long as it is the last resort. I don't think that it should be used as a form of birth control. But what about the woman that was raped? What about the women with a medical condition? What about the woman that will never be able to offer her unborn child the life it deserves? What about the rights of these women? If abortion is made illegal, its not like the problem will disappear. There will be more unwanted children in this world and women will resort to dangerous procedures such as using coat hangers.

Sorry folks, but that display sure stirred up a lot of emotion in me and made me think real hard about what I believe in. It created a lot of controversy on campus. A lot of people were offended.

No comments: