Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, March 10, 2005

Private Students

Hello Everyone,

Today was an interesting day. I woke up late. I thought that my alarm clock was fast but it was really on time. So I stayed in bed longer than usual. Oops. My boss wasn´t too happy but I made up the time.

I was supposed to start teaching a private student today. In fact, I was supposed to start about 2 weeks ago. But things kept getting in the way. I was forgiving but yesterday and today he has been ignoring my calls and e-mails. So I sent him another e-mail and told him to find another teacher. Based on past experiences, I bet that he won´t respond or give me a reason.

 Stupid shit like this has happened to me before. It really gets on my nerves. It it just the way things are sometimes. I am in Spain. Students show up late and sometimes cancel at the last minute. It´s part of the culture. People arrive late for appointments and it is acceptable. Last week I had a student cancel on me the night before. Sometimes they just stand you up. I once left a party early to teach the next morning, only to be completely stood up after traveling for an hour with no calls or anything.  I consider myself to be darn lucky if a student shows up on time or gives sufficient notice.

I am also waiting for the immigration law to change. I am still upset about the whole thing. I was sooooooooo close, and I thought for sure that I would be able to get them. Without working papers I can´t have a decent job. And I could have good jobs here. I have the education and background. And I was so close to getting working papers. And I can´t. For now I am confined to my telemarketing job and getting walked all over by private students.

I can´t complain too much about my private students. Because I love teaching them and watching them learn and improve. The problem is just finding students that show up on time without canceling.

I am also happy that tommorow is Friday. I need a break from my telemarketing job. I want to sleep in for a change.

Anyways, off to bed. Ciao.

No comments: