Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, December 7, 2008

10 Little Things that Make Me Happy in No Order

1.) Vegging out in front of the TV all day. I can watch show after show, and then get up to go to the kitchen and get something to eat. And then plant my ass back on the couch. I never really got to do this as a kid, so I do it now and still haven't taken it for granted.

2.) Watching the most useless, sinful TV shows such as Desperate Housewives, Paris Hilton's BFF, Real Housewives of the OC and 50 Cent's Show on MTV.

3.) Writing useless tidbits of information in my blog. I like that I am not writing to accomplish anything, rather just writing just for the hell of it. Going back in rereading it a couple of years later is fun.

4.) I love having my days off to myself. There is no one telling me what to do or telling me how to spend my time.

5.) Having my own bathroom.

6.) Having complete control over my finances and paying my bills. If I wanted to spend money on something ridiculous, I could do it and not have to answer to anyone.

7.) I love spending my money on frivilous things once in a while. Once in a while (not always, of course) you need to reward yourself if you can.

7.) Knowing that while I may be single, I can take care of myself. Having someone special in my life would be icing on the cake, not a necessity.

8.) My skeptical mind and questioning nature. I like to read the fine print and disect contracts and find the catches. My dad taught me early on that there is nothing out there that is absolutely free. If it's given to you, there is always some sort of expectation.

9.) The freedom to think how I want.

10.) My wonderful grandmothers. Even though my mom's mother passed away a couple of years ago and I miss her, I am not sad when I think about her. I am just happy that I got to know her.

My dad's mother is equally special, and I was thrilled to see her on Thanksgiving. I will go and see her on Christmas too. I am happy that I realized how precious they are early on and got to enjoy their company.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Kudos to you for recognizing and appreciating the special things in your life that make you happy. Some people live their whole life and never realize that!