Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, December 12, 2008

Just Great

Hello All,

Okay, so I tried to sign on this blog, and the headings are in Japanese. I tried to look up my blog in a google search, hoping that I would get the ENGLISH version, but to no avail. Good thing I remember where to type in the password.

I thought I would be taking my last final now, at 9:30. Turns out, the final is actually at 11:30. While I wish I could just get it over with, at least I didn't show up too late. So in the mean time, I am just chilling out here in the library to waste more time.

My final is in Criminal Law, and I hear it is going to be a loooong final. Whatever, I don't care. I just want to get it over with. The good news is that the teacher let us bring a page of notes. I have learned to abbreviate and write real small. The bad news is my teacher is sneaky and always manages to sneak in concepts he never really mentioned, or he likes to throw in trick questions.

Thanks to Winivere, I have been introduced to all the other blogs out here. I have to say that I have been very entertained. I found some blogs where people write about their dating experiences/horrors and it does get juicy. Believe me, I wish I could do the same thing. I have many battle scars, hilarious moments, not to mention the stupid things I have done. I love to write and put it all out there, especially when I am just another nameless person on the internet with experiences.

However, my parents are up here, as well as people I know. Not to mention friends of my parents. Plus, it's kind of a wierd feeling when someone walks up to you and recalls something personal you've written. It feels like they're spying on you, when in actuality you put the information out there to see. So.... to all you out there that write openly and freely------ I salute you and enjoy reading about your experiences.

On another topic, I had another incident with my classmate. Not the same person I blogged about last time. A different person. This time it was the guy that I sit next to, and who I thought was nice. We studied together a lot and kind of had a healthy competition going on of who could get better grades.

Last week I came over to have coffee with him and help him study since he missed the study session and clarify concepts. I was talking to him about the tiff I had with our other friend who recommended to the teacher that she had concerns about us volunteering with the family law clinic in the future. I thought we were on the same page. In the middle of it, he looked at me and said "My God, you are so narcissistic. You think that the whole world revolves around you." I had never heard anyone else say that to me before, so I looked at him and asked him if he really meant that, to which he laughed and said "yeah."

So I smiled, told him it was nice talking to him, but that I had to get back to studying at home. I turned around and walked out that door without letting the door hit me where the Lord split me.

I really did not appreciate that comment. No one has ever told me remotely anything close to that before. Second of all, if he felt that way about me, he could've been nicer about it and joked about it. He's joked about me being naive, (when he's younger than me and lives at home) and I took that with a grain of salt.

But this comment came out of nowhere and he said it like he was so annoyed. I thought that I went out of my way to be nice this quarter. I took him and the other chick out to dinner, invited them over for study sessions and we worked together to study. I didn't know he felt that way about me. The truth was, I was having a hard day, and I was venting a little.

The funny thing is later he sent me a text to say that he didn't mean to offend, but he wasn't joking when he made that comment. He wasn't just playing around. You can tell the difference. It's not that hard.

I don't want to be around someone with that opinion of me, when I don't think his perception of me was accurate at all. It's different when someone makes a comment like that when there is truth to it. Then I can suck it up and look at myself closer. But I thought he was being rude.

Thank God the quarter is over today and that the next is my last. I really hope that I make new, nicer friends next quarter. I know they are out there.

3 comments:

Winivere said...

Stupi* guy. LOL... His loss. *on't blame ya for walking away. I woul* have *one the same! LOL @ he is still with mama. Maybe some*ay he will grow up... & then maybe he won't.
XX

Myra said...

Blame it on being a dumb immature boy! Your gut will tell you whether he was kidding, and he probably wasn't. His attempt to "make up" by texting you was lame to say the least.

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

That guy's a jackass! You are NOT narcissistic, trust me! I have a particular friend that will NOT shut up about her lame ass "boy problems", when in reality, she is the one creating all the drama!

Ok, had to get my venting out too :)