Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas !

Merry Christmas My Lovelies.....................

Okay, so I am at my grandparent's house here in Northern Cali. I left yesterday morning and I was speeding. And consequently I was pulled over and written up. Yes, I was stupid to drive fast, but I was not the only one speeding. Trust me, everyone else around was too. Especially the man that cut me off to get to the exit while the cop was behind me. I was just the lucky one that got caught.

She told me to pull over and stop underneath the bridge (so she could write me up without getting wet). And what did I do ? I pulled up farther ahead by accident, and she got a little wet (it was sprinkling). She was not amused, and I realized my mistake soon after. I know it looked like I did that on purpose, but I was not really listening to her words, as I was still in shock for getting pulled over. And when I realized the mistake, I felt bad. She did mention that she told me stop under the bridge and that I wasn't listening to her. I said I was sorry, but I don't think she believed me. She could've asked me to pull back under the bridge with the loud speaker she used to pull me over, and I would've backed up for her. I wasn't blatantly trying to disobey her.

She also scolded me for the way I was driving, despite my appologies. So I looked at her and said that I was sorry, and that I really wanted to be as obedient as possible and that I wasn't trying to make her upset. I didn't try to talk her out of writing the ticket, I didn't give her a lame excuse, I didn't ask my brother next to me to hit on her. I just sat there and let her write me up in peace.

Luckily she only wrote me up for not using my headlights while it was raining.

Must suck for her to be out there on Xmas Eve writitng tickets in the rain. But after getting a ticket, my sympathy was washed away in the rain !! I also realized soon after that upon looking at her while she was scolding me, that she looked like my last ex-boyfriend's current girlfriend !

Interesting times...........

On another note, my brother and I have our grandma and grandpa all to ourselves this Christmas. It is a very rare occasion that this happens, but there are two weddings happening in the family, and many of them are preoccupied. Plus, my dad is pretty much snowed in in Oregon. I wish he were here with us.

But I do love hoarding the grandparents for the holidays. No complaints there. My grandma was telling me about her time as a child during the Great Depression as well as the Prohibition.

We also went to the Christmas Eve service last night at the church in town. It was packed last night, and it was nice to be there with family.

My grandma said it hadn't been this packed in such a long time. I just think that during these difficult economic times, people are finally getting back to what's really important. When our material possessions are taken away, we are left with our loved ones and realize how important they are too us, and can't be replaced.

1 comment:

Winivere said...

Merry Christmas! Happy to hear you are enjoying time with your gran*parents. I wish mine were still alive. I really miss my gran*father. Sorry about the ticket but you know better, especially if it is raining! Woul* hate for you to lose control of your car an* get hurt! Love you!
XX