Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Maria Antoinette Award

Hello There My Lovelies,

I just found out that my friend Winivere chose me for the Maria Antoinette award, apparently for being real. I thought that was nice. While I was living in Barcelona in 2005 my AOL journal was chosen for Journal of the Week. Through that I met my friend Henry who I still keep in contact with.

Winivere nominated other people too on her list. One of them was Mike, whose link is
http://goingsaneinacrazyworld.blogspot.com/

I am mentioning it because he talks about his dating experiences and has another blog where he exposes the ridiculous dating ads he comes across. I find his blogs to be hilarious and can relate. The dating world is really a jungle. It is hard enough when you are busy or work long hours and simply have no time to go out. It's worse when you go online. When you are online, you aren't dealing with people, rather you're dealing ads. Because it's less personal up front, people are more disposable. Plus the majority of people on the internet really aren't that serious anyway about looking for a relationship
.
I am taking a break for a while for few reasons. The first reason is that I am way too busy. I don't really have nights off so that is a problem.

My second reason is because if I don't take a break and chill for a while, I feel that I will fall into the category of angry women that hate and bash men and I just don't want to be that person. I feel that when it rains, it pours, so better to just sit out and wait until the storm is over.

My third reason is because I feel that I owe it to myself to take some time off and take a hard look at myself and find out who I really am, and what I really want for myself and in a relationship. It is a lot to think about and I certainly won't get answers overnight.

I used to have a private blog on AOL where I talked about my dating experiences and feelings right after my breakup. It was fun while I was doing it, but when I transferred my AOL journal over here, I had to make it public for a while to transfer all my entries. I wasn't about to do that.

Anyway, so thanks Win for chosing me for the award. :)

No comments: