Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is Over

Hello There My Lovelies,

Okay, so I am back in town from my little Christmas break.

My grandparents own an inn, and they let me stay in one of the rooms. It was a treat. The room was huge, with a big king sized bed and nice furniture. That part of the inn used to be my part of my great-grandmother's house. When she passed away 13 years ago, they tore down the entire interior of the house and rebuilt it into three different inn rooms.

I really enjoyed my time in the room, and slept like a baby.

More importantly, I enjoyed the time I spent with my grandma and grandpa. They are the most kind and loving people that I know. We had a nice Christmas dinner and talked during the day. I also got to talk to my dad and hear about how his town was snowed in.

My grandma never fails to tell me how much she loves me and always hugs me when I see her. It means a lot to me. I really lucked out when God made her my grandmother.
As I was leaving this morning, I found a note on the counter that my grandpa wrote to my grandma telling her how much he loves her and how lucky he is to have her. I thought it was the sweetest thing. I know that I probably shouldn't have read it, but it really touched my heart, and I almost cried. They aren't the type of couple that has to worry about compromise and sacrifice, because all they want to do is make the other person happy. They both give without expecting anything in return. I think that one of the keys to a happy marriage is not finding someone that will please you, rather finding someone that you want to please, and that will appreciate your efforts and reciprocate. Today my grandma told me how much she loves life and how she's excited as to what could happen tomorrow, and how she's having so much fun. She and my grandpa still work, which I think is great. I hope I don't end up retiring.

My grandma didn't meet my step-grandpa (who I refer to as my grandfather) until she was almost 50. The funny thing is that they met in marriage counseling when they were with their spouses. So when they finally did become a couple, they already knew all the "unfavorable characteristics" The funny thing is that my grandpa thought those "characteristics" were good things, haha.

They aproaching 90 and they act like they're still on their honeymoon. Many older couples are grouchy and argue with each other, but I have never seen my grandparents fight with each other. My grandma always tells me how she loves my grandpa.

My grandmother in Austria was like that too. My grandpa died when I was five of a heart attack, and she later found love with a man named Toni who was very kind to her. And they loved each other very much and always did everything they could to make the other happy. I used to be jealous of Toni, because I wanted her attention, but I grew to be more understanding as I got older.

She used to tell me how much she loved my grandpa, and how she found happiness with Toni. When she passed away, I received her prized jewelry set that my grandpa bought her, that she wore on special occasions. Now I get to wear it.

Anyway, I will stop here. If you still have grandparents, treasure them. They are very special.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Happy to hear you had a great Christmas.

Winivere said...

Happy you got to spen* time with your gran*parents. Wish mine were still alive. Woul* love to see a pic of that jewelry! Are there any special recipes from your gran*parents to share?
XX