Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, June 27, 2004

Estoy Finalmente en Barcelona :)

Hello Everyone,

Well, what can I say ? I am finally here in Barcelona. For the next month I will be living in an apartment with 3 other women and going to school ALL day, every weekday to learn how to teach English. I was hoping to maybe take a dance course on the weekend, but I was told that I might not even have time for that.

After my course is up, I hope to go to the south of Spain and learn the Flamenco. But, that is just a plan. Who knows what will actually happen ? This is only my first day here.

After I got off the plane yesterday, I went to the wrong baggage claim. The airport is kinda big so I had to go around and go through security to get back to where I was actually supposed to go. I then took a taxi to my apartment.

My apartment is very interesting. It is about 100 years old, and my room is very small. At least there is hot water. But to flush the toilet, I have to pull a chain. There is also no hot water in the kitchen so we have to boil water to do the dishes. We have a washmachine, but we have to hang our chothes to dry. I might have to invest in an iron.

Our neighborhood is very noisy at night, probably because people in Barcelona are party animals. Luckily I brought a bunch of earplugs, which is a lifesaver. People have no problem shouting at 2am and banging windows and doors. Some people also love to set off fireworks. Interesting, but at least I got some sleep.

Today I went with my flatmate to buy my monthly pass for the metro and to try to go to the Picasso Museum. Unfortunately it was closed, but we got to do a lot of walking around the streets. There were a lot of tourists where we went. We also ate at a cafe next door to where I live.

I thought that people here would speak English, but not as much as I thought. I can read and maybe even write a little Spanish. But I am having a hard time understanding people with their heavy Spanish accents. I really hope that my Spanish will improve. I just spent 2 weeks speaking German so I am trying to switch my frame of mind.

Well, I better go now. I hope to update again soon :)

No comments: