Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, June 28, 2004

Let the TEFL Courses Begin !!

Hello Everyone :

Today I started my TEFL course. This morning was a huge nightmare. We had a nice breakfast and I enjoyed the view from my balcony, but the trouble began when we tried to get to school. We were given the wrong address to begin with. Then we were instructed to go to another address and we found a nice taximan that even gave us directions. No one was there either, so we decided to call the school number that my roommate had on her. The woman decides to hang up on us numerous times. For a good hour I had thought that the whole thing was a scam and that I had dragged my butt all the way to Spain just to be shammed.

So we finally decide to go back to our apartment where I get my little address book. It turns out I had the right phone number and my roommate didn´t. So when I call, the lady tells me that they had been expecting us all morning and gives us the correct address. My roommate and I FINALLY arrive 2 hours later. It turns out that both addresses are VERY similar, which is how we got lost.

Maybe some of this could have been prevented if I had just brought my address book and added time on my phonecard. Since I didn´t have either with me at the time, we had to waste a lot of time calling on a payphone which is a huge pain. Oh well ! At least I eventually got to my class, and I really didn´t miss a whole lot.

 Most of us in my class are from the USA. Usually most of the students are British or Scottish, but I guess this time is different. My classmates seem pretty cool. We had lunch together and talked about how we have been enjoying our time in Spain so far. One of the guys got robbed while he was partying at a bar and getting wasted. He got his wallet stolen with his money and credit cards. Poor guy.

Our class was let out early today to give us time to allow us to buy our school supplies. I did exactly that. I also went to the store and finally bought some shampoo and conditioner, which I needed. There was also a little shop near my metro stop with cheap clothing and bags so I bought a nice flowy skirt and a backpack. It is VERY hot here in Barcelona so I am glad I bought the skirt. I am just glad that I got my shopping done period, because my classes won´t be getting out till at least after 10 pm.

Anyways, I gotta go now. Later :)

 

No comments: