Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, June 20, 2004

A VERY lazy Sunday Afternoon

Hello Everyone,

Today is Sunday here in my corner of the world, which happens to be Austria at the moment. Everything is closed, not to mention that the weather is still depressing. So, I've basically stayed home all day, trying to get over this nasty little cold. I mean, I sound like I have a smoker's cough.

I have stayed in bed for the most part, reading my Young Miss magazine in German and watching TV in German. I am also studying a little for my TEFL course which is in a week from tommorow. There are so many grammatical terms that I have to remember. I mean, I know how to speak English, but I don't know how to explain the grammar to others. I have abosolutely NO idea what the course will be like in Barcelona.

My aunt made struedel for lunch today with vegetables and meat. It was almost like a pot pie, but better. Then, of course I had to have some chocolate after. Yum.

I am also slowly deciding what I will really need to take to Spain with me. I have to leave over half of my shit here. There is a lot of stuff that I wanna take. It's kinda depressing because I spent some money buying stuff for the trip. And now, I am not even gonna use most of it. The only thing I can do is just deal with it I guess.

Wanna know what else ? I also found a roundtrip plane ticket from San Jose, CA to Barcelona, Spain for $702. When I check months ago, the price was $1,200. I could have stayed at home longer and made more money. But looking back, I am glad I came to Europe early. I think I was ready to get out if the US for a while. My car broke down, and I would have had a very hard time getting to work. Not only that, but now that I have been here a little while, I am getting over jet lag. It has been hard to sleep this past week, but I am getting used to it.

Thankfully the shops are open again tommorow so I can go into the city and do a little shopping. Yay ! I have to buy a cable for my camera among other things.

Okay, thats enough for now. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Since our time is 9 hours ahead of the US, my weekend is almost gone.

No comments: