Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, June 19, 2004

More Austrian Updates

Hello Everyone,

Well, I finally purchased my tickets to Barcelona. It costed me a buttload of money, but at least I got it out of the way. I am just happy that I am gonna finally go to Spain. I should me leaving on Saturday.

 I also learned that I am only allowed to bring one piece of luggage that weighs less than 20 kilos (40 lbs). I was shocked because I brought 2 heavy pieces of luggage with me. Now I have to leave a lot of stuff behind here in Austria. That's gonna be interesting.

Today the weather sucked for the most part. The sun did peak through the clouds once or twice for a few minutes. It was grey outside for the rest of the day. Despite the weather, I still had a nice day. I went with my aunt and cousin into the city and looked around. I got to see a lot of traditional Austrian customs and listen to traditional Austrian music. Did I mention that I ate some traditional food normally served on the Alps ? I had a fried flower. It tastes a little like licorice, and it can also be used for syrup to make drinks. My grandma makes awesome drinks with these flowers. I think it is called Holunder.  I also got to walk around the city a little, which I love. The buildings are beautiful. Almost everything is old and elegant.

My aunt also made a nice dinner for us. The food here has been wonderful. Too bad I am trying to watch my weight. We had bread, salad, eggs and various meats. Good stuff. I am offered food often here and it is so hard to resist. At home I had to buy my own food. Here it is free and offered to me on a regular basis. Gotta love that.

My cousin also invited me to go with him to see a concert in the city. It was a relatively small concert, but it was good. There were about four bands playing, but I only stuck around for 2 of them. They played some rock and roll, and I liked it. It's too bad that I am still not over my cold that I caught on my way over here. The cigarette smoke at the concert didn't help me either.

Now I am back home here on the internet. I spend a lot of time on the computer. But that should change when I am in Spain. I will have no time on my hands.

Well my lovelies, that is all for today. I hope to post pictures of this trip soon. I left the little cable that allows me to download pics onto my computer at home. I was in such a hurry to move out that I thought it was a printer cable. Oh well.

No comments: