Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Monday, August 9, 2004

Back at square one..................

Hello Everyone,

I just have to say that now that I am practicing my German and Spanish here, I feel that my English is getting worse !!! That's not supposed to be happening, especially because I am trying to help people improve their English skills. This wouldn't bother me if I were becoming fluent in both languages. But I am not !!! I am still struggling.

For example, we went over subjunctives in Spanish class as well as pronouns. I am supposed to know this stuff ! After all, my minor WAS Spanish and I studied it extensively in college. And I just sat there struggling today. I feel like I don't know anything sometimes. Hell, I could barely understand the text I was reading.

And I also had a language exchange today with a guy from Barcelona. This guy spoke waaaay too fast, which didn't exactly boost my confidence either. I just sat there and smiled and nodded my head because I didn't know what else to do. I got tired of asking him to repeat what he just said. But I enjoyed our meeting nevertheless. We had a drink in Barrio Gotico in an open cafe. I had a cold chocolate drink. Good stuff.

Anyways, I am supposed to go to the beach tommorow. Yay !!! Last time I went to the beach, I found seaweed stuck to my body when I got back home. It hurt when I peeled it from my skin.

Okay, bye for now :)

No comments: