Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, August 6, 2004

More updates

Hello Everyone,

I have been home all day today except for a few errands and I gotta say it feels kinda good.  This morning the construction across the street woke me up. One of the workers would just NOT stop banging his hammer. After I woke up I finally bought some food. I was so hungry. I've put off shopping for what feels like the longest time. I also paid a nice little visit to the Austrian Consulate, which is actually across the street from where I live right now.

I thought that because my mother was born and raised in Austria, (I also have a grandmother, aunts and cousins there that have lived their all their lives) that I would have a better chance of getting an EU passport faster without having to give up my US citizenship. HAHAHAHAHA!!! In reality, I have no chance. For me to become an Austrian citizen I think that I would have to live there for 10 years among a loooong list of other requirements. Plus, I think that I would have to give up my US citizenship.(Not gonna happen in a million years) I dunno why I even thought I had a chance. Well, at least I tried and the lady that explained all this to me was nice.

A couple of days ago I went with one of my classmates in my Spanish class (from Germany) to see a film on Montjuic. I got to practice my German with him, which was cool. Seeing a film on Montjuic is soooo pretty. We took a bus from Placa Espanya to Montjuic where we then walked up to the castle. There was a jazzband playing some awesome music until the film started. We watched the film outside on the grass, surrounded by the castle. And it only costed 2 Euros !!!! It was so beautiful. We saw the film Dancer in the Dark (2000) with Bjork, the singer. The film was very sad and depressing, but very beautifully done. Bjork has an amazing voice.

Yesterday was also a good day. My old student and new friend, Sara drove me to the beach. Most beaches here in Barcelona are crowded, but this one was not very crowed at all. I was in heaven !!!! We swam in the ocean and talked in English and Spanish. I also took some pictures with my disposable camera.

I also met with my new friend, Frank from the Canary Islands for the second time. He is sooooooo hilarious and makes me laugh !! He also loves Friends and knows the works to a lot of classic songs. We sang California Dreamin' and Hotel California. I was thrilled that he knows the words ! We had some sangria and walked to Port Vell and chilled out till like 1am. He also taught me all the slang and cuss words which comes into play later, I promise. In exchange, I teach him all the ghetto vocab.

After chilling out with Frank, I walked home. While I was waiting for the light to turn greet this old, dirty, perverted man tries to talk to me and I am just not having it. I wouldn't even shake his hand. So this man decides to be rude and cuss me out under his breath. I swear this old bag used all the nasty/cuss words that Frank just got done teaching me. So therefore, I understood everything ! I was so proud of myself !! Instead of yelling at the man, I just stood there and laughed until the light turned green and I could run away. After all, I had JUST learned these words and got to hear them used in action ALL at once. How strange. Don't get me wrong, I hate it when people insult me, but I was just happy to finally understand what these words mean.

Today, I have been online ALL day. At least I am getting out of the house tommorow. Thats all I gotta say about that.............

No comments: