Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Girls Night Out

Hello Everyone :)

Wow ! Today was a nice day..........................................

I would first like to start off by saying that I am losing weight !! I can't really afford to eat as much as I used to so I've cut back a little. I went to the store today to try on pants and I fit into a size 4 !! I am just thrilled that my love handles are gone. I was normally a 6 back in the US when I ate as much as I wanted. I also practically walk everywhere, which means that I am getting some exercise.

After my Spanish class I met up with some girls in that class, as you can see in the picture above. Besides me being from the US, the others were from China, Japan, Germany and Brazil. We went out for tapas. We all speak different langauges, but we managed to communicate in our broken Spanish. Normally I don't go out because I am broke. But today I made an exception. I also got a picture of the food. VERY good stuff !!! I was full after, which was nice for a change.

After I got back from having tapas, one of my old students from my TEFL school called me and invited me to go with him and a friend to Las Fiestas de Gracia. Every year in August there are parties on the streets in some neighborhoods. I wasn't going to go at first, but I figured I should experience something new and get out of the house.

Boy am I glad I did !! There were so many creative decorations on the street, and a helluva lot of music. There was salsa, slow songs and rock. One band even played "Jump" by Van Halen. Many people were jumping up and down during the song, including myself. Pretty much everyone in the streets partying seemed to be in a good mood and enjoying themselves. People were laughing, dancing, sitting, chillin'..................... It was cool to see. It's not like the parties back in the US where people get drunk for the hell of it and listen to awful ghetto music. I am gonna try and go back tommorow. I am just sad that I didn't bring my camera with me.

Anywho, it's late now and I better get to bed so I don't sleep my whole day away tommorow.

Tooteloo....................

No comments: