Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, August 29, 2004

I Found Happiness at Placa Espanya !!!!

Hello Everyone,

I am leaving Barcelona in a couple of days. I feel mixed about this. I have done a lot of cool things here. I will make a full list later, because I will look back on my time here and smile. Almost every night I was out talking to someone. Didn't matter who the person was as long as he/she spoke Spanish/German and I could learn something new. And I learned a lot.

But after I go to Austria I should be going to San Sebastian to work for a family and look after three boys. There, I will hopefully enroll in Spanish and dance classes. I have no idea what my life there will be like. I just hope that I make a lot of friends and enjoy my time there.

On Friday, I did a language exchange with a police officer. It was so neat !! He's worked with police forces from other countries, including the US and he wants to go to the United States to work as an officer. That was cool to hear. I got to see his badge and listen to him tell me about his job in general.

I took advantage of our time and asked him about immigration laws. Basically he told me that if I stay longer than my allowed 90 days as a tourist, nothing will really happen to me as long as I don't break any laws. THAT was a relief to hear.

We then went to Placa Espanya and had a drink on the terrace. We also watched the water fountain shows. This place is amazing !! UNFORTUNATELY, I didn't bring a camera.

However, yesterday I went again and took pictures this time. I went with my classmate from my Spanish class. He speaks German, so I polished up my German for my grandma. We decided to go and watch the water show. This place is absolutely beautiful, and my pictures just don't do enough. You have to be there.

Y'all know I've been feeling a little down lately. This trip to the water fountain totally cheered me up. The water fountain show was amazing. Since we got there early, we got good spots to watch the show.

The waterfall show is a good symbol of happiness. There are lights, water and music. Everyone there seemed to be in a good mood. Kids were playing and strangers were talking to each other. While I was watching the show, I reflected on my trip here. I have had a lot of moments: Good, bad and embarrassing. But luckily the good outweighs the others by far.

I loved watching how the water danced to the music as well as other people saying "ooh" and "ahh". During the first show there was opera music. As the voice got stronger the water shot higher. As a man and woman would sing together, the colors and water patterns would change. Very beautiful.

After the first show we went down by the fountain to take pictures directly in front of it. While we were there another show started with pop music. They were playing my favorite jams so I got up and danced. I really didn't care what other people thought at that point. I was getting spritzed while I danced. It was fun.  It was nice being so close to the big fountain. How could one NOT be in a good mood with water spritzes, colors, lights and music? There were a lot of people taking pictures together, kids giggling and happiness overall.

After that, we decided to go and take pictures in front of La Sagrada Familia. I've been there during the day, but it is so much more prettier at night.

We also went to Pizza Hut. Now THAT was good and I was full. I almost forgot what that felt like. For five Euros I got some fried potatoes, a small pizza and large drink. We sat outside and had a nice view of the temple( La Sagrada Familia) all lit up.

I slept like a baby that night.

 

No comments: