Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, August 7, 2004

Sometimes the best things in life are free.......

Hello there my lovlies...............................

Look at these cute puppies !!! These are the types of dogs I want when I go back to the US.

Today was a pretty good day. I met with a girl for my language exchange. She's from Germany and wants to improve her English and help me with my German. We agreed to meet at the Zurich Cafe. I spent a good few minutes trying to find her in the crowd because it was crowded outside. Turns out she was standing in front of me for a while. I didn't recognize her because she was black !! In fact, I walked around and asked another girl if she was waiting for me.

After we met and had a good laugh over my assumption, we walked down Las Ramblas and went to Subway. I was sooooo hungry and just had to have something cheap and good. We also went to Port Vell and talked for a while. While we were there we were sitting near the water with our shoes off. We saw a lot of jellyfish and many schools of fish. I forgot my camera, but she took pictures with her digital. I hope she sends them to me soon.

We talked bout a lot of things, and I got to practice my German. She is a very nice girl and she looks like Alicia Keys. She even smiles like her !!!! I told her that people would stumble over her if she came to the US.

We walked around a lot and didn't spend any money except for the food. We walked down Barrio Gotico. While we were walking I heard this man sing opera. He had a stunning voice. Then I saw this couple doing the tango. They were soooooo beautiful together. I think that they are married to eachother. I can't even describe how beautiful they were, especially the woman. After they danced this man from the crowd danced with her. The tango is such a romantic dance. I am so used to dancing alone for belly dance. Sometimes I wish I had a dance partner for the salsa or tango.

After I met with the German girl, I walked home. On the way another guy called me for a language exchange and we met up for a few hours. I got a lot of practice with my Spanish. He is a smart guy. He is a chemical engineer and finishing up his masters and going for his Phd. He knows all the big chemical engineering vocabulary. He just needs to improve his social English. I love meeting intelligent people like him.

Before I go, I gotta say that I am broke and I hate it. I am used to receiving a salary and I don't have one right now. Hell, I thought working at Red Lobster was bad. It was, but at least I got money out of it. I am waiting for September to come so I canget a job.Being broke sucks. I hate worrying about how I am gonna make things work out. Can I stay or will I be forced to go back home ??? I won't know for a while.

But at the same time, being broke makes me pay attention more to my surroundings. Because I don't have money to do things that cost money like going to the movies or going shopping, I spend my time walking around around the city. By doing that I am able to observe people better. I pay attention to things I normally wouldn't if I were busy shopping or going to the movies. For example, I do a lot more people watching. I watch people beg for money. I watch people perform on the streets and see how the audience reacts. I get so happy when someone gives a beautiful performance and the audience loves it. I just wish I had money to give to people that perform on the streets. They work hard. I also love to watch pets. When I was in San Sebastian there was this couple with the cutest little puppy that didn't want to walk. It was smiling, but it didn't wanna move. So the guy had to drag it and it was so cute to see it slide on its little butt.

I am also doing language exchanges and speaking to a lot of interesting people. And it's all free. And sometimes I get a friend out of it.

 

No comments: