Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Nothing that a beach can't fix :)

Hello there my lovelies.................

I just got back from the beach with my friend Sara. It is hotter than Satan's asscrack in my corner of the universe. (I stole this brilliant expression) But the beach made it all better. The waves here are normally calm, but were a little rowdier today. I got knocked off my ass a couple of times. It was bliss. The water was perfect and we left as the sun started to set. Sooooo beautiful. Too bad I can't take pics with my digital camera. It would get stolen immediately and besides, it would get damaged from all the sand.

Earlier today I had a nice language-exchange with a guy that just happens to be a waiter. And I used to be a waitress. Needless to say, we bonded fast. Our language exchange involved discussing business vocabulary as well as............. surpise...... restaurant terminology.

As we were discussing the pay and rights Spanish waiters have, I also wanted to know what he did if he had rude customers. Oh my !!!!! I thought that people in the US were wicked........ Looks like people here got us outdone. And why not?? People here in Spain work just as hard as people do in the US, but make half of what we do. Needless to say, he is one of my new heroes.

I have never tampered with peoples' food. I believe in karma. But when people are soooo rude and think that they are God and that the waiter is the scum of the earth and treat them as such, they surely deserve what's coming to them. And my new friend has no problem sticking it to his holier-than-thou customers.

Anywho, I better go eat some chocolate now. Tootles :)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm glad you had a good day today! I love the beach too, I went last week...no tan though. Arrg must I stay pasty white! Anyway was that waiter cute?  He sounds like a sweet guy. Hope the rest of your week is just as nice as today.
~Shira