Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, August 14, 2004

Dali Museum in Figueres. Be sure to click to make them larger !

Hello Everyone,

Last night I was at the beach till 3am doing a language exchange. It was beautiful !! We chilled out on the sand, and we were almost the only ones left. During the day the beaches are always packed. I hope to do that again.

I got up early (7:30) to catch a train to Figueres to see the Dali Museum. I was sooooo tired. I almost just wanted to stay in bed, but I am glad that I took the trip. The train ride was 2 hours and I slept pretty much the whole trip. I went alone. I would have liked to have company, but I think that it was best to be alone because I was able to really focus on the art in the museum.

When I got to the Museum there was a line wrapped around the courtyard with hot weather. This museum is popular !! Luckily it went fast.

This museum is a head trip. There is art in almost every corner. I walked through the museum twice and I know that I still missed some stuff. I tried to take it all in, but it's impossible. Dali was a very complex artist with different styles. I also noticed that he painted a lot of portraits of his wife, which was lovely to see. She was a beautiful person.

Dali's art is very complex with a lot of details. I honestly think that I could study a single picture for a while and discover something new each time I look at it. Because I've never studied Dali's art before, I really don't know what some of his art symbolizes. I can only imagine what it means. I guess that there can be different interpretations. There were a lot of people discussing their interpretations of the art with each other. I listened in and got a better understanding about some of the pieces from listening to others speaking amongst themselves. Here is a quote from Dali that I really like:

"Without an audience, without the presence of spectators, these jewels would not fulfill the function for which they came into being. The viewer, then, is the ultimate artist. His sight, heart and mind- fusing with and grasping with greater or lesser understanding the intent of the creator- gives them life."  - Salvador Dali

The train back to Barcelona left at 7:45pm, and I finished looking at everything at around 3pm. Therefore, I had about 4 hours to kill in Figueres. I also paid a visit to the cathedral. I went inside and did a lot of thinking and some praying. I thought that the cathedral was very beautiful and peaceful. Almost no one was there, probably because everyone wastoo busy at the Dali Museum.

Besides the Dali Museum and the cathedral, there wasn't anything else that was exciting. After visiting the Dali museum and the cathedral I was bored. I walked around the town, but I was too broke to buy anything. I was exstatic when the train back to Barcelona finally arrived.

The trainride home was beautiful. The sun was setting and I got to see a lot of scenery. Too bad I didn't take any pictures. I was seated next to a bunch of obnoxious French boys. They just wouldn't shut up and were horsing around the whole time. They were going to Barcelona to party and asked me where the hottest party spots are. Hell if I know !!! I am too broke to go out.

Over the past few days, I've acquired a lot of mosquito bites. The problem with this is that they all bite me on my feet. At least they could bite my arms so that I can scratch them easier. Gahh !!!

Anyways, I better go now. Hope you enjoyed the little art show. Thank God I am not making any money off this website. Otherwise I couldn't show you.

Ciao.

 

No comments: