Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, August 8, 2004

Park Guell

Hello Everyone:)

Today was a nice day. I slept in till almost 1pm and I have to say that it felt so damn good!! The only reason I even got out of bed is because someone called me and I had to answer the phone. Otherwise, who knows ?

I had 2 language exchanges and both guys were nice. They were both Catalan. For the first language exchange we went to Park Guell. And of course I posted pics for  y'all to see. There were sooooooo may people there !! I am just thrilled that I got good pics out of it.

Like I mentioned in one of my previous entries, you simply can NOT go to Barcelona without learning about Gaudi. Gaudi built Park Guell alonng with La Sagrada Familia and other houses. And guess what ??? I didn't have to pay a single red cent to get in. It's free !!!! Yay !!

This park is simply amazing. Gaudi was asked by a rich family ( the Guells) to build this park for them many years ago. Now it is opened to the public. Though I had to hike up a hill in the hot weather, it was worth it. Not only did I get an AMAZING view of Barcelona, but I also got to drool over Gaudi's amazing work. There was also a water fountain at the top with cold water so I could get a quick drink and spash some on my face.

After I saw Park Guell, I met the next guy for my language exchange in front of the Zurich Cafe. We sat by the water fountains and talked for a while. Then we walked through La Rambla and sat at Port Vell. It is so beautiful at night. Sometimes you can see the fish jumping.

This guy, Juan, taught me a lot of colloquial expressions which is useful. He also corrected me when I made mistakes, which was good. There are a lot of differences between the Spanish here in Spain and the Spanish that I learned in school ( geared towards Mexico and Latin America.) He helped me learn the proper words.

And now I am back here. I am going to bed now. Adios ! or shall I say in Catalan Adeu !!

 

No comments: