Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, June 1, 2005

Journey in Spain is Officially Over

Hello Everyone,

As of this morning I am no longer in Spain. I am now in Austria and will go back to the states in a couple of weeks. I love Austria. It´s beautiful and peaceful. But, it´s not Barcelona.

Yes, my journey in Spain is officially over and to be honest it feels really strange. At both airports in Barcelona and Frankfurt I think I was in the same terminals as when I left for Spain. It brought back so many memories. I also found the huge luggage that I left behind in Austria before coming to Spain. Seeing my old motorola cellphone and the papers and magazines that I left behind made me feel the same way as I did the day I left for Spain.

I kinda relived the same feelings I had the day I was on my way to Spain. I remember feeling so excited and anxious about going to Barcelona. I only had a little idea of what I was gonna do there. I was so excited to get to the airport. I had no idea what to expect, who I was gonna meet, how I would end up, how I would change. And now it´s over. And I have bittersweet feelings.

I have come a long way. As I look back I realize that besides getting my TEFL certificate, nothing happened as planned. Yeah it was rough because it was really my first year away from home without family in a foreign country without knowing anyone but I stuck it out.

I can´t deny that though I did struggle a lot and openly bitched here about it, I also had a lot of fun. Especially the last two months because my roommate invited me to take train rides with her and go out to nice clubs. The weekends were awesome. We were both from the US and left to come and live a different life in a foreign country. I miss her a lot now.

Yeah, I made a lot of mistakes here. So many its not even funny. You wouldn´t believe how dumb I can be sometimes. (Wait, people that know me, can.) I also didn´t see and visit every place that I wanted. I know that I am gonna miss Barcelona so much more when I am back in CA. That city really does hold a special place in my heart. I feel like I am under a love spell.

But although Spain is so beautiful and I enjoyed it a lot when I wasn´t working, it´s time to come home. Although I could live in Spain without any problems forever if I choose, I don´t really feel like I would be going anywhere.

I know that I am gonna look back on these memories that I have and give anything to relive them. Luckily, I am a young, single woman withoutso much as even a plant to look after. At least now I can take comfort in the fact that I can come back and do it all again or experience other countries if I want to. It´s all up to me.

Anyways, gotta go now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a luckey woman..........you are doing it all now........later you can have a plant or a family...........BETTY in SEATTLE WA.  HAVE FUN WHILE YOUR YOUNG.............

Anonymous said...

Its Just Great you have To have taken the Journey you have just completed ..Since I was 14 I have traveled the world,and even before I joined the Royal Navy At that age ,my Dad Being in the British army we traveled ,overseas often,,Your memories will stay with you for ever .Congratultions..A safe Trip Home ,,,Keith

Anonymous said...


Enjoyed reading all your posts, your adventures were very interesting. Your young and pretty and enjoying a wonderful oppurtunity with memories that will last a lifetime.  I have relatives in Austria and Croatasia, but have never had the chance to travel there. Most of my national travels was in the military.   Take care, and God Bless....Mick,  Fremont,  Calif.

Anonymous said...

totally have fun while ur young, i gtg got to go to work at 9 am bye