Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, June 10, 2005

Some Ramblings...............

Hello Everyone,

First of all I want to thank everyone that has been leaving me comments. I always appreciate comments. It´s just too bad that I can´t directly resond to them here in my comment box. I could if I were back in the states, but AOL here in Europe absolutely sucks. So again, thanks everyone :)

I have been responding to e-mails. So for those of you that sent me e-mails, you know I appreciate them because I usually respond.

On another note, I slept in today. Felt really good. The weather sucks as usual so I am considering staying in today. Gotta start packing becaus I am gonna stay with my grandma on Sunday till I leave on Tuesday.

When I was at Mauthausen I bought the latest edition of the Diary of Anne Frank. I read it in middle school. But now I am reading it again.I really love that book. She was between 13-15 years old when she wrote that and she really was mature for her age. She writes about things that adults think their children don´t understand. I don´t think adults give children and tennagers enough credit sometimes.

One really sad thing is that she and her family didn´t make it out alive. As you read the book and realize that all their dreams of "living a peaceful like after the war" will never come true, it makes you wanna cry.

But this book has taught so many people a lesson. I wonder if this powerful message would have gotten across just as well if she were still alive ? I think that the fact that her story was so sad, and that she didn´t even survive after the war makes people think twice. I think she is a very strong voice for all of the victims that are no longer able to tell their story because they were killed.

And what about the voice for the living ? Luckily we still have holocaust survivors that talk about their experiences and write books. And the fact that they survived is a source of hope for many and a strong reminder of what happens when people excercise hatred.

I really can identify with her thoughts as a girl growing up. I think it´s comforting to read her book. I can identify with most of her opinions and almost everything that she says. I have always wanted to go and visit her hiding place. I didn´t make it this time, but I really want to go back next year. Really, really bad.

I tell my parents that I want to go to Amsterdam and they automatically think about the Red Light District, the drugs, the marijuana, the sex shops................ But No. How can I get them to understand that the only thing I really, really want to see is the Anne Frank House ?? That and the Van Gogh museum, the canals, the wind mills................ I had a marketing teacher that was from Holland and I think he once wore clogs to class. I swear I gotta plan another trip back to Europe.

I also bought a summer dress yesterday very, very cheap from the Czech Republick and I didn´t think it would fit, nor look good, due to the fact that I am short and dresses never fit properly around the waist area. It was an impulse buy and the woman there kept shoving the dress in my hand and lowering the price. So I took it without even trying it on. But it fit, and looked good. So I am happy. Just gotta find an excuse to wear it.

Anyways this should be enough for now. I´ll try to write again before the weekend. I won´t be able to write after tommorow because I will be with my grandma ( who doesn´t use e-mail).

So, if I don´t get a chance to write tommorow, I shall be saying hello to y´all in the good ole USA.

Ciao.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say hi and that i think your journal is great!! i loved reading what i could! i just started so i dont know much but i stopped because i saw u were in spain and i have always wanted to go there! Ive been many many places and now i think spain is my next stop!! hey maybe you can e-mail me sometime and we can talk more about it!!! babygurlmika19@aol.com  id love to hear from you!!!

Anonymous said...


That sounds like  great trip!

Charmaine