Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Go ahead, judge me by the covers of my books......

Hello there my little furry foxes,

So........ Random Esquire (www.randomesq.com) and Scarlet have both said on their blogs that they could tell a lot about a person based on the books on their shelves.

Mr. Random decided to post up pictures of his book collection. I've never met the dude, and he refuses to post pictures of himself. He could look like Shrek or the Grinch for all I know. But based on his book collection alone, I found him to be very intellectually stimulating. Meow !

I promised him that if he showed all of the books on his shelves, that I would do the same in return. Over half of my books are still in storage due to lack of space at my current place, so I ventured out to storage and made sure you get to see all the books in my possession.

So feel free to go ahead and judge me, and tell me what you think of me as a person, based on the books I own. You can click on the pictures to make them larger to read the titles.

While you are browsing my bookshelves, please keep the following things in mind.....

1.) The stack of magazines are my bellydance magazines that I subscribe to.

2.) The first two pictures displayed are the books that I have on my shelves at home. The rest are in storage with my other things until I find my own place so I can display them all along with my prized dishes and other things I inherited from my grandparents. I miss having all my books in front of me.

3.) My most prized books are those that I acquired while living abroad. Especially my foreign language books. I started learning German when I was ten and those books bring back memories of living with my family and talking to my grandmother in German as she refused to speak English. I simply can't part with those. I have so many Spanish books because it was my minor in college, I lived in Spain for a year, and let's not kid ourselves, I love los hombres latinos.

4.) Up until last year when I moved, I had a lot more books and ended up giving away three full grocery bags full of books. I felt that those books that I owned no longer defined who I was, or that I simply wasn't going to ever read them again. That, and I wanted to get rid of clutter and have more space. Some were text books from college (face it, I really wasn't ever going to look at my finance text book or my outdated marketing texts again). Others were dating books with gawdawful advice (one of the books kinda promoted treating men like crap), or books that related to my childhood issues that I no longer feel are relevant.

5.) The book titled "I will plant you a lilac tree" written by Laura Hillman (A Schindler Jew), is a woman my grandfather courted until he passed away at the age of 92 three years ago. She finally wrote a book, and speaks at schools to share her stories with others.

The books I have now are books that I love and would read.

So, I am inviting you to browse through my books and then tell me what you think of me, good or bad. But please don't make me cry. This should be interesting............... Have fun !























12 comments:

Random Esquire said...

I'm going to guess that you've dated a few men in the past that you know you should have known better than to date.

The Spanish and German books I did expect. As well as the legal ones. 1776 by McCullough surprised me a little. I'm unsure why. Did you enjoy The Shadow of the Wind?

-R.

Random Esquire said...

Oh, by the way - the Shrek and Grinch references made me grin. ;)

-R.

Senorita said...

Random,

Yes, that is true. I grew up very sheltered and had to learn a lot of dating lessons the hard way.

My grandmother gave me 1776, and I have yet to read it. I've held onto it because I really enjoyed my American Law class where we went over the history if the constitution. That's why I held onto it and I keep telling myself I'll get around to it.

Random Esquire said...

Well, please let me know if you enjoy it (1776) when you get around to it. I've been debating it.

G.G. said...

Can't tell for sure, but looks like you have "the girl with the pearl earring". I like your life. I might suggest a title or two, but you've got a very well-rounded collection there, toots!

PorkStar said...

I like what you have, I've read Hitler's Willing Executioners and I also had some art books starting with my favorite, Dali. I have a crate full of books as well, German, Spanish and books in Latin. I too miss having a bigger place where I could put them in a big bookshelf... and re-read them once in a while.

Mike said...

Books and movies say a lot about the person. Mine talk very loud.

Big Mark 243 said...

You are the first person that I have met that I know who have read 'The Alchemist'. And the same with Steve Harvey's book.

There seems to be a bit of an adventurer in you, and there are definitely places for you to see. I think that your books show you to be someone who has greater aspirations than the average person and reading you, you don't seem to be the kind of person who lords their worldliness over someone.

We may have to talk about that Steve Harvey book ... and Coehlo as well!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Senorita! Thanks for your visit and your sweet comment!

This is a very interesting post...A couple of years ago I did three or four posts on the books in my Library/Den--The room is pretty much covered in books, except where the furniture is---So I am fascinated by people's books. And you have such an interestng group! I look forward to the time when you will have ALL your books around you once again. I know how important my books are to me....And over the years I have tried to weed out all those that didn't seem as important to me anymore, though I could not give them away. They are in storage...!
I am 50 years older than you and one accumulates so much "stuff" as George Carlin used to say...But, one's books are such an important part of one's life---At least they sure are for me, and for you too, from what you said here!

Senorita said...

Ms. Lady Of the Hills,

Thanks for the comment. It's nice to finally hear from you. I've been reading your blog for a while now and always look forward to your posts.

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

You like latino men?!?! GET OUT?!?! hehe

Only smart ladies have Steve Harvey's book....hold on to the cookie!

Scarlet said...

I want to know more about "No Eres Tu, Soy Yo." :)

Judging by your books, you seem to have a spicy sense of humor and have a philosophical side. You are well read and a good mix of this 'n that.

I loved The Alchemist. I only wish I would've read it in Spanish.

We should do an online book club. I keep saying this but seriously, if you're interested...let me know.