Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, February 15, 2004

I Don't like my job

Hello Everyone,

Please pardon my French. Today was just a bad day, and I thought yesterday was bad. Yes, I hate my job, so I am gonna take the time to vent right now because I have to go back there again next weekend. If you don't wanna hear it, don't read today's entry.

Here are some things that happened:

1.) A couple paid for their meal with a gift card and some cash. Unfortunately the gift card had NO MONEY left on it, so I didn't have enough money to pay the rest of the bill. I think it was an honest mistake, but I was still pissed.

2.) A couple stiffed me, and a table that actually took up 2 tables left me $7 on the total bill of $117. My service wasn't bad. No to mention that a few more tables in addition to that were shady.

3.) The kitchen took an unbelievably LONG time of getting our food out.  As a result a lot of tables decided to make my tips suffer. I understand them not wanting to tip me, especially after they had to wait for a long time, but there was NOTHING I could do, and I had no control over the situation. I tried to offer people free soup or an appetizer. There was no point in trying to talk to the cook. Yesterday he kept telling the other cooks that I am ugly and he called me a bitch under his breath. I have NO IDEA what his problem is. WTF? The managers got tired of me dragging them to my tables to deal with my disgruntled customers.

My last table was upset that they had to wait a while, but luckily I smoothed things over. I kept stopping by to take care of whatever they needed. At the end they thanked me for giving them excellent service and left me a fat tip. That made me feel a hell of a lot better.

Yesterday one of my coworkers was supposed to come in for Valentines Day, but he came in early....... to tell management he wasn't working there anymore. Lucky Bastard. I will be in his position in about four more months.

Anyways, yesterday I rented Under The Tuscan Sun with Diane Lane, and I watched it on my computer. I totally LOVED that movie, especially the Italian scenery. It was a feel-good movie and I can't wait to go to Europe.

Well, y'all have a wonderful week. I just remembered that I have soooo much homework.

No comments: