Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, February 20, 2009

Immature

Hello There My Lovelies,

Okay, so many women out there want to find the fountain of youth and stay young forever. They work out more or use expensive cremes or in some cases get surgically enhanced.

My solution is just to act younger. You know, they say that in order for you to get what you want, you have to act like you've already got it.

Lately I have been acting twelve. My friend Ashleigh is taking Anatomy and has a huge Anatomy text book along with a coloring book. The best part of her taking these classes is reverting back to being a teenager and looking at pictures of the reproductive system. Specifically the penis.

Don't lie, back in middle school/ high school, I'm sure you all looked in your health books just to see how much the publishing company could get away with publishing. The funny thing is that the teachers rarely ever covered the reproductive system in my classes.

So I went to her house before we went out to the movies. We were laughing at all the penile vocab and diagrams when her father walked in to say hello, and BAM there was the text book open right in front of him. I was embarrassed.

The diagram of the man was pretty funny. A guy was lying on his back with his legs spread in the air, like a woman. I didn't realize that "gonads" is actually a real scientific term. I thought that it was slang. I also learned the scientific term for "the seam", which is apparently called the raphe.

Yes, I am immature.

On another note, after making fun of the diagrams, we went to see the movie out, "He's just not that into you." It was a good movie. The movie was based on the book that came out around 2005 called "He's just not that into you." by Greg Behrendt.

Basically in the book he wrote that men are pretty much hunters by nature, and if a man is really interested in seeing you, he will find a way to make it happen. Usually responses such as "I was busy" or " I will be out of the country for two weeks and won't be able to communicate" or "I have a meeting tomorrow" are really just excuses.

Basically, if a man is really into you, there are no mixed messages, and he will initiate the contact with you. And if he is traveling, he will call or e-mail you.

Honestly, we tell our girlfriends "he was just intimidated by you" or "he was in a long relationship and needs time" or "he must be gay." But usually the truth is that the man simply wasn't interested, and even if he was attracted, he wasn't that serious. And there is nothing really wrong with that, because we all have our preferences that we are entitled to.

I sometimes wish I could openly tell my friends what I think happened, but really, I could never go there. I wish that my friends could openly sit me down and tell me what really happened. My guy friend did that with me and while it hurt at first, I did sit down and think about it later.

I tend to agree with the movie in that men are the hunters. I don't believe that the woman should assume the role of the hunter and do the pursuing. I have tried it in the past, but when that happened, men have never actually taken me seriously. I think that at first men are flattered by the attention, then start to resent you for going after them because you didn't make him work for it. Then he stops taking you seriously.

Anywho, time to go get ready for bed. I have school tomorrow.

1 comment:

Myra said...

My best friend saw the movie too, and she gleaned the same thing...which is if he really likes you, he'll make it happen. Brings us to the point that my friend likes a guy that just "isn't that into her", and thats a tough realization!