Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just pretend I am on vacation !!

Hello There My Lovelies,

So today is Saturday, and I currently am not fond of Saturdays because I have Bankruptcy Law for about four hours in the morning. Me no likey.

I was looking forward to today's class because the teacher was supposed to talk about the project. I really needed her to explain the project. Basically, I have to file two bankruptcies for two different people, enter in data into software and write up motions and notices. The instructions for the project are so long, about 22 pages. It's a time consuming project.

She just handed us the project last month and told us to get started early on it and gave us a little speech about how we should start figuring things out early. The problem was that she didn't bother to explain anything.

Today was really no different. Aside from explaining a few details, she told us that we should just explain our answers in the memo if we weren't sure. Basically, take a guess if we don't know the answer. So the laws are complicated, but we should just take a guess !! Her spiel was "Just pretend I went on vacation for a week and am not available to answer your questions." She then blathered on about working in a law firm the real world and how many times we are left to figure things out by ourselves. Like she is doing us some favor by not explaining the project. Every other teacher I've had in the program had no problem talking to me when I asked them questions. In fact, they were happy because they took it as a sign that I was interested in their classes and wanted to do well.

Just brilliant. So basically she just bs'ed her way out of explaining the project to us by giving us some life in the real world speech. I don't buy that shit, I think she just didn't want to talk abou the project.

I've worked for free in the legal environment and pretty much had to figure almost everything out on my own. I've dealt with attorneys who didn't want to answer my questions because they didn't feel like it or simply didn't have time. But I dont' think I should deal with it in the classroom. In the classroom, teachers should answer questions !!! Especially when it deals with the law.

I thought the whole poing of going to school is to learn and ASK QUESTIONS and actually get them answered. Then go out in the real world with the knowledge gained in the classroom and start figuring things out on your own.

On another note, at least I understood more of the lecture today. That is a good sign, which means that I will have a better chance of getting a good grade on the final which I so desperately need.

3 comments:

Mike said...

Well if you need a job and money at least you know you could teach a class since the qualifications must be really low.

Big Mark 243 said...

Looking back, I don't know if instructors like the one you describe were 'bad' or if I couldn't adjust to their methods.

Sucks that you have to put up with whatever she is going thru when you have came so close to the end. Hang in, as I know you will, as YOU know you will!

Gripe about her after you pass the class!

Winivere said...

I am a big believer in education but all the jobs I have ever had have been jobs that you have to figure out all by yourself. Ironic; isn't it?! Thank God I am smart & thank God you are, too!

XX