Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Saturn Return

Hello There My Lovelies,

I consider myself to be a somewhat spiritual person. I just feel like I am still developing my beliefs and finding my way spiritually. I don't like to talk about it much in case people think I am either crazy or trying to get them to think the way I do. I usually keep quiet about religion and spirituality, and if I mention something, talk about my Christian beliefs and upbringing and leave it at that.

I believe in astrology somewhat. I don't believe it's the only answer, but I do think it provides insight as to what's going on in life.

Last summer I stumbled about an article in Marie Claire about the Saturn Return. Pasted below is an excerpt from an article by a man named Skye Alexander:

Astrologers call the period between ages twenty-eight and thirty "Saturn Return." That's because it's the first time the planet Saturn completes its cycle through your birth chart and returns to the spot it occupied when you were born. Internationally respected astrologer Rob Hand calls Saturn Return "one of the most important times in your life. . . a time of endings and new beginnings."

For most of us, ending a phase of life that is familiar and embarking on one that is new and untried is unsettling, even painful. Few people describe Saturn Return as a pleasant period. While undergoing your Saturn Return you may find yourself turning inward and reflecting on your individual destiny. You examine your true needs and desires and the role you want to play on the world's stage. You may feel lonely and alienated from those around you, while family and friends think you are shutting them out. But this is a necessary period of consolidation, when you must retreat from the distractions of the outer world and focus on yourself at your most fundamental level. The Saturn Return is every individual's search for the Holy Grail.

I don't think that it was by accident that I stumbled upon that article. I think that I was led to that article to explain all of the changes that I've been going through and will continue to go through until my thirties.

I really believe that if you ask yourself questions and really take a good look at yourself God aka the Universe has a way of bringing that answer to you when you are ready.

This explained a lot because I used to be way more carefree and I never really questioned who I was or my belief system. I was like this up until I turned 27.

It was when I turned 27 that changes started happening. I broke up with my boyfriend at the time and experienced my first breakup.
-I started thinking about what I would want in a life partner, even though I am not quite ready for it.
-I got back into bellydance (which I stopped for about a year)
- I saw a counselor for a couple of sessions (which I was totally advised against growing up)
- I let bad childhood experiences go and vowed to stop thinking in the past.
-I had a broken relationship with my mom, but by my 28th birthday we had come together and put it in the past.
- I paid off all my old debts and vowed to make better financial choices.

During this time I have definitely felt like I've changed as a person. Right now I do feel very isolated, I feel like I am searching for answers in life.

I read another article somewhere where this is the time that your weaknesses are illuminated and you're forced to stare at them and deal with them. That is also something I think is very true. Because if you deal with them now, then you can correct them and have a greater chance of happiness.

3 comments:

SweetAngelAsh17 said...

That is why No Doubt has an album called "Return of Saturn". Gwen was in that phase and a lot of her writings/songs reflect that. Look at the lyrics for the songs "New" and "Simple Kind of Life".

Big Mark 243 said...

Wanted to let you know that I am still reading, if not saying much. You are doing so much better than I was, and prolly better than you think. If nothing else, keep doing what you are doing!

LORENZO said...

Interesting, first I'm hearing of this Saturn deal. I started my career and my son was born the year I was 29. Thanks for sharing, "don't let the bastards bring you down."