Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, February 5, 2009

A wonderful day

Hello There My Lovelies,

So yesterday was my mother's birthday. She's only 51 and doesn't even look her age. I think she looks fabulous. I wasn't able to see her, but I hope that she got cake. My mom is hard on herself and keeps telling me how old she is, but I think she looks great. Sometimes women can be so hard on themselves, especially as we get older. If you saw her pictures I know you would agree with me on her fabulousity.

Yesterday I hung out with my friend Ashleigh. We went to the beach. It was fabulous. I don't have a single day off so I asked my boss at my internship for the day off yesterday and she happily said yes. So I drove to Santa Cruz and took a looooong walk on the beach with my friend.

It was such a nice day. I don't think it could've gone any better. We took our shoes off and walked in the ocean and along the sand. The weather was just right and we were looking for sand dollars and shells. We also found crabs. Beautiful blue crabs. I liked watching the birds scurry about with their long beaks and peck in the sand. For a day I got to forget about school, the economy and having to moving out. While we were walking, sometimes I would run backwards while she was talking or we would break out into some awkward dance moves. I think we ended up walking five miles. Good exercise, and I didn't even have to suffer.

While we were talking, we were talking about everything under the sun from embarrassing moments to boys to dating dramas and it was hilarious. I am a twisted girl, and Ashleigh is one of the few and proud that not only can put up with me, but is equally as twisted as I am. You should always hold onto people that laugh at your jokes.

We ended up walking for a couple of hours. I ended up taking a sand dollar home. I hear that they signify good luck. While we were walking, I collected various shells and sand dollars. I had no pockets so I stuffed them in my bra. But when it was time to go, I only picked the best looking sand dollar out of the bunch and tossed the rest into the sea.

After that we went shopping. The economy sucks right now, but once in a while to keep your sanity, you do have to slurge on something.

Today I have class but I did have to make a trip to Babies R Us. My bellydance friend who taught me how to dance with the sword is having a baby girl, so I decided to go and buy her a gift off the registry.

I can't tell you how out of place I felt there. I am definitely not maternally inclined. I felt out of place just waltzing in there with my tight, ass-hugging jeans while all of the other women around me looked like they were ready to give birth.

Luckily the sales lady understood when I explained that I have no children and pointed me in the right direction. I bought my friend a baby pillow for the car seat. I really hope she likes it. If she didn't, well, she does have the gift receipt.

Anywho, I best be studying. I have class in an hour, AND an exam in Saturday.

3 comments:

Myra said...

There's just something about being with a girl friend, that no guy could ever take the place of. Really, we talk about anything and nothing. Randomness and specific topics, and we know when to be quiet (though that hardly ever happens!). Sounds like a fabulous day!

Big Mark 243 said...

I am with Myra. You still need a day or two like this, at this time in your life.

A piece of advice. What ever is big to you, is BIG TO YOU. Don't let anyone or anything change what is a priority to you in your life.

Whatever it is that concerns your mind to the point that it has all of your focus, means you should deal with it. You seem like you are a straight away person, and that is good.

So right about your friend. I am happy for you about that. Friends such as this is hard to find. I am hoping that when I 'get to Arizona', I will have a friend like that!

Is your Mom single? (we keed, we keed!)

Winivere said...

You make me homesick for the sea. I must make the time to go before Spring break. How beautiful to share that special moment with your girl frien*. Girlfrien*s rock.
XX