Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hello There My Lovelies.............

Happy February ! So I talked to my roommate and he said that he will be here at least until the end of March. Previously, I thought that I may have to move out by the end of Feb.

I am relieved for now. School is over for me at the end of March, and by then I will have my certificate. By then the job market should pick up a little, at least in the legal field. Once school is over, I can look for a second job too. I was so worried that I would have to move out in the middle of the quarter. That would've been a nightmare. Besides, I just did that last quarter and it was stressful.

Yes, I am still worried that my roommate may have to end up going back to Ireland, but at least I have more time than I thought. At least things aren't as bad as I thought. Which is good, I feel like I got a second chance.

Times are tough, and I am lucky to still even have a job. I have been treating each paycheck as my last. Slowly saving up a little money each month as an emergency fund. I read the papers and hear about the layoffs and it's so depressing. It didn't really hit me until my roommate lost his job. Now I definitely feel the fear and anxiety that everyone else does.

While I visited my grandma over Christmas she talked about the stock market crash of 1929 and the Great Depression that followed. She also lived during the Prohibition. (She was born in 1920)

She told me how her dad played the stock market and it affected them. They had to cut back a lot of food, but over the holidays they splurged and stuffed themselves for a few days after.
So for Christmas, she stuffed my stocking with the goodies she got in her stocking during that time: Apples, oranges, cookies, chocolate and candy canes.

Anywho, that's all for now. It's superbowl Sunday, so enjoy the festivities !

No comments: