Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ten

Hello There My Lovelies,

So I saw today that I have ten followers on my blog. I was waiting for #10 to arrive, and her icon says her name is Lyn, so welcome, Lyn :)

I found out last night that my dad was in a motorcycle accident. I got a message from him that he was in the emergency room. Imagine my relief when I found out that he was able to leave that evening, with only broken ribs. I felt like I won the lotto.

I am aware that broken ribs are very painful, but you know what ? My dad is alive and not in a coma and was able to go home, so everything else is really just other details to be worked out later. I don't know what I would do if I had lost him. When I got the message, I thought that he was about to die, but when I heard he was going to be released soon, I felt like I was given a second chance. Sometimes people aren't so lucky.

The economy sucks and people are going through hard times, but one thing I hate learning is that things can get worse. And what's worse is when things do actually get worse.

If these tough times out there are teaching us anything, is that as our material possessions are being taken from us, look at what you still have (if you still do): Your health, loved ones, maybe still a job. Be thankful for that. There is nothing worse than complaining over financial difficulties and THEN losing what's really precious.

4 comments:

Mike said...

Happy to hear your dad is okay. Yeah gifts come in strange wrappings. Even through all my anxiety yesterday I talked to a friend whose friend's child was dying. Hey my troubles aren't so bad.

Big Mark 243 said...

I would say it is about perspective. Not to diminsh the here and now with all its details, but when you are this close to a lighting strike, it reminds you that you have to live and love as much as you can while you can.

Glad your Da is going to get back to his bike and is still around. Make sure you hug him extra tight and give him a real kiss, even if he pushes you away!

LYN said...

How rude of me not to introduce myself!! ;-)

I am your #10..as you know my name is Lyn...I got to your blog from Wins page...your blog took my fancy so to speak..stop by mine..I have been neglecting it a bit lately though...

have a good weekend...

Myra said...

Glad your dad is ok...very well said about perspective! We seem to have lost sight of the things that really matter trying to pacify ourselves with material things.