Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Irritated

Hello There My Lovelies,

Okay, so I know it's TMI, but my Aunt Flo decided to pay me a visit today, and let me tell you, she always puts me in a bad mood. It feels like someone is grabbing my innards and wringing them out like a wet towel. I normally try to go as long as possible without taking aspirin, but for this I almost overdo it.

On another note, I guess moving out isn't the worst thing in the world because our walls are thin and the neighbors next to me and below are way too loud. Mainly kid noise.

This morning the kid next door screamed for his mommy. Actually, he always does. There is a baby that cries all the time, and a little kid that screams for mommy. It's like clockwork at around 7-8am EVERY morning. I have to wear earplugs. But sometimes I don't, and then I really suffer.

I put up with the crying. Yes, it gets on my nerves. And yes I get frustrated because I don't have children and don't want to listen crying children. On the other hand, what can I do ? The baby is crying and screaming in its own house, and babies cry. So I deal with that.

But the little kid that screams "MOMMY !" over and over and over and the mother doesn't come into the room ???? I've been putting up with that too, but not today. I banged on the wall and miraculously the kid shut up.

I've had people tell me........."Just you wait until you have children........, you'll see"
Well, yeah........ I AM waiting until I have children, IF I ever do have kids. I honestly don't think I am cut out for it. I love waking up to silence. I love being able to go wherever I want at the drop of a hat. I love being able to only worry about me. I love being an adult, and having the freedom to cuss if I want to or dress up suggestively without having to worry about setting the wrong example.

Also while I was growing up, I never really enjoyed being a child. One thing I can't stand is being told what to do. Call it the Sagitarrius in me to the extreme. Growing up, I lived a sheltered life, and couldn't wait until I turned 18 and had complete control over my life. And since that happened, I never looked back. I don't feel like I have really lived for myself to the fullest yet. I still feel that there are many things I would like to do and experience more adventures before I have to sacrifice myself to raise others.

So yeah, I am making the conscious choice not to have kids, and not surround myself in an area with copious amounts of children. Because I know someday, there is a small possibility that I will actually have children and deal with a lot of noise. And if that ever happens I will want to be able to think back to my days of silence and solitude.

On another note........

I live on the third floor and I thought that we would be home free from stomping or music. I was mistaken. Today the guy below cranked up his music so loud that the floor vibrated and I could hear his songs in my apartment.

The interesting thing is, I went downstairs to ask him to turn it down, and while it was very loud, it wasn't earth shattering as I expected. Sometimes the vibration and muffled music heard is worse than the actual music down below.

For sure I thought it was some woman playing her tunes. When I opened the door, I was surprised to find a guy. I tried to be as nice as possible and asked him to PLEASE turn it down, but looking back, I must've seemed really flustered and irritated. Well, I kind of was because this isn't the first time I've had to deal with their shit. My roommate has gone to management and reported them, and I've also stomped on my floor below.

Okay, that is enough irritation for one day.

3 comments:

Big Mark 243 said...

Hi there!! Letting you know, that I made it around. Carry on.

Myra said...

All the reasons why I detested living in an apartment. I would walk around like a church mouse not wanting to make noise for my neighbors...too bad they didn't feel the same way!

Winivere said...

LOL Girl. You know apartment life will always be like that unless if you live on a wing that has older people in it... Our wing used to be like that until the manager decided to put some young folks and that family in our building. Grrr @ all the noise and loud noise they dare to call music.
XX