Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Wednesday, January 7, 2004

It's Official !!!

Well, it's official !! I am getting married to a rich man !!! HAHA, just kidding. I finally paid my tuition and reserved my spot for the school in Barcelona. I will be taking the TEFL course at the Windsor School in Barcelona in late June. I will be learning how to teach English as a foreign language. After I get my certificate I should be able to get hired in schools in many different countries. I am happy, but the course is all work and no play. The course lasts for a month and will begin at 9am and ends at 10pm M-F with a break in between. Plus, there will be a lot of extra HW assignments. I will be lucky if I get a chance to work out during that time. I now have a lot of planning to do for this trip. I have to buy a laptop, plane tickets, get a visa, and the list goes on. I have been dreaming about this trip for at LEAST a year.

I also had a mad food craving last night. My fridge was empty so I drove 15 minutes to the nearest Jack-In-The-Box with drive-thru for a chix sandwich. I was still hungry after so I had some ice cream, which helped. No more midnight snacks for me for a while !!

While I was driving to get my food, I was listening to some Wild 94.9 slow jams that came out when I was in high school. One of the songs was "Moving On" by Mya when she was getting famous. That song just brought back a flood of memories.  I was about 17-18 yrs old, and I couldn't wait to get out of high school and move out. Time was moving so slow. Back then I felt like I had the whole world in front me. I felt like I would always be young and that I would have all the time in the world to fulfill my dreams. I grew up in a sheltered environment and was so much more naive then.

Now I am 23 and about to graduate college. My old friends and peers are getting married, starting families and thinking about buying houses. I am still young, but time is moving so much faster. I now realize that I don't have all the time to fulfill my dreams. I also realized that people aren't what they seem. Sometimes your friends aren't really your friends. On the flip side people that you least expect to be there can come through in your time of need. The most important thing I've learned and am still learning is that there is NOTHING I can do about the past.

No comments: