Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, January 1, 2004

The Start Of a New Year

I hope you all enjoyed your New Years. I made so much money last night. I made all my tables happy, and turned them all over fast. It was a non-stop night. I also ran into an old coworker, Dario. He was a lot of fun to work with back in the day.

Today was a lot slower at work, and it seemed like everyone called in sick. Oh well, I need all the tables I can get. I also got a huge compliment. I took over for another server and the table said that they had me before and that I was much better than the other server. They left me a good tip too. Sometimes people compliment me and leave me a shitty ass tip. So I was happy today.

I have also wrote out my New Years relsolutions for the year. One of my resolutions is to become fluent in Spanish. Another resolution is to get my navel pierced and keep my stomach toned.

 Last year, I only completed about half of my resolutions. But hey, at least I didn't just abandon all my goals like I've done in the past. I got a marketing internship, learned how to dance with double veils and I made plans to study abroad.

I am also happy because I caught up with a buddy of mine. He pissed me off so much last year that I refused to talk to him. Too long of a story especially because there is a limit on this journal. I blocked him off my e-mail, my instant message and phone. I went 4 months without talking to him and I would have easily gone longer. But somehow I got an e-mail from him wishing me a happy New Years. I checked my e-mail settings often, so I knew he was blocked. I just wonder how the settings changed. I felt like this was a sign to just stop being mad. So I took the opportunity to just let bygones be bygones and we just talked for a long time. I am still kinda mad, but at least I am not holding a deep grudge.

I also made up with my grandpa. I got into a huge falling out with him a while ago, but ended up making peace with him. He's 90 and isn't gonna be around for much longer. I guess my point here is to forgive and forget, especially if the other person is sorry. So many other people in the world have negative family experiences and would give up anything to fix their broken relationships.  In my experience, it is easier for me to live my life when I am not reflecting negatively on the past. Of course this is easier said than done. It isn't easy, but it is worth it in the long run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sandra,
I'm glad you had a good new year! See, those ghetto Red Lobster customers of yours remember you when the holdidays come around! I'm so glad you emailed me this link, I still am very interested in your life even though I am your ex-roomie! Let's get together sometime, kay? Say hey to Kristen for me, I hope everything is working out well!

Miss ya!
Christina