Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Saturday, January 10, 2004

Just a Waitress Ranting

Hello Everyone,
I think that you all should visit www.stainedapron.com. It is a website dedicated to food servers. There, you will find hilarious stories and ways that servers get revenge on mean-spirited customers. But as you read it just keep in mind that not all servers are like that. I have never spit or tampered with anyone's food, and wouldn't do it. Neither would my coworkers. But here is what I think : If the server did an awesome job, she deserves to be tipped. If she is crappy give her a crappy tip. It's that simple. Customers that are rude and humiliate us after we went out on a limb for them are just asking for it and deserve the occasional revenge. People that have never served love to tell me that no one deserves to have their food spit in no matter how mean they are and that if I don't like my job I should get a new one. Whatever. Those very people need to use the money they saved by stiffing their servers and buy a friggin' clue.

Speaking of serving, last night was busy for me, but not financially rewarding. I went out on a limb for each and every one of my tables. If a table ordered All You Can Eat shrimps I let them take home way more shrimp than the managers would have allowed. The food was out on time, I smiled, checked up on them often, yada yada yada. Most tables barely left me 10%. If they smile and tell me I am such a nice server, why don't they tip me right ? Maybe what they mean is : "You're such a nice server that you will understand why we are too cheap to leave you a decent tip." As soon as my winter session ends, I am applying elsewhere. This is just too much.

What else.... Ah yes ! School ! I have an exam on Monday and have a buttload of reading to do. I am lucky that our teacher is so nice. He brings jokes to class and is laid back. I haven't started on my homework yet because I've been doing errands.

Well, I better get ready for work. I should be in a more positive attitude next time.

Auf Wiedersehen !

 

No comments: