Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Friday, January 9, 2004

Tipping is Not a City In Japan

Hello Everyone :)

I had to work last night unexpectedly, and I had an interesting night. One of my tables, which was a party of six ordered some All You Can Eat Shrimp special. One of the women shared with the other guy who decided that he didn't wanna order anything. That is not allowed, but if I say anything it just creates hostility and its not worth losing a tip over. This guy kept ordering the scampi which is shrimp broiled in garlic butter sauce over and over again. Most people leave the butter sauce alone but he was eating it and kept asking me to get more drawn butter. It was sooooo disgusting, because the scampi is loaded with butter. They were nice to me, and were playing cards to keep themselves occupied.

Another guy came in and ordered some take out food. He always insists that we mess up his order and he always wants it free. My manager finally grew a backbone and politely told the freeloader not to order from us because we obviously aren't living up to his standards. The guy's reaction was funny : "I'm not gonna accept that". Well, our Red Lobsta won't be serving him anymore. Moral of the story : Yes, it is easy to get something free from us, but be discreet about it, and don't do it EVERY single time. To get free food, people will play the race card, put stuff in their food, or simply say that the food was nasty after they've eaten at least half of the dish. Don't get me wrong, sometimes people are legit and deserve a free meal, but it is totally obvious when they just want free food. Enough said.

My winter session class is moving along, but I am dreading our group project. I always have group projects in my business classes, and I always HATE them. We have to do a thorough analysis of KFC. We have a research paper and a group presentation. Thankfully, everyone in this class is a graduating senior and most are serious about graduating so I don't think we have to worry about slackers.

I also saw a cute dog tied up to a pole next to the school bookstore, while the owner was inside. The dog was soooo cute. It was whimpering and jumping up and down. I had to go and pet it. It had a precious look on its face. The owner was pretty friendly too. She told me how the dog, Bo was put up for adoption twice cause it wasn't a good hunter. After I am done traveling, I am going to get a new dog. I want a beagle.

Anyways, I better finish my homework before class starts.

No comments: