Protected by Copyscape DMCA Takedown Notice Violation Search

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Change

Hello There My Lovelies,

So there have been some changes lately this week starting with the new president. I watched some of the inauguration and I enjoyed it. So many people came to DC and celebrated together. At least for a day there were no incidents or major protests. I think it's amazing that 1-2 million people were cramped in together and there were no major incidents.

Normally I don't like to discuss my political views, but I am happy that Obama got straight to work after his ceremony. He said that he would withdraw troops from Iraq, and that is what he is working on. Personally, I never really believed in Iraq. I never agreed with sending our soldiers over there, fighting for something that I felt we should've never even been involved with. Too many men and women died or were permanently injured over there. Of all our major threats, I didn't feel that Iraq was high on the scale.

I guess you could say that I believe we should take care of our own first and keep our noses out of other countries for as long as we can help it. When I was traveling abroad, I can't tell you how many people decided that they had an opinion about the US. People always feel that it is okay to bash America. I have always been a proud American, and wouldn't have it any other way. I hope that our image around the world will change in the next four years.

I wasn't a huge Obama follower, especially when the press wanted to equate him to The Messiah. I would've rather seen Hillary make it. I felt like all the hailing on him and all the bad press on the other side was so biased. Okay, yeah I think Palin really made Republicans look bad, but I felt like people put Obama on a pedestal and that he had a huge cult following. It was the cool thing to follow him, and if you didn't follow him you were an outcast, or considered a racist and people felt they had the right to out you down for it. Especially here in the Bay Area.

Now that he is president I hope that he will lead the country out of the mess it's been dragged into for many years. It definitely won't come over night, and although I don't agree with everything, I am happy that he went to work immediately. He certainly has his work cut out for him.

1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

First, I didn't take your rips on the single men 'personally', but it did make me reflect on myself, no worries, because I thought the takes were funny.

Second, as a black man, I have to admit that I agree with you, in that there seems to be a 'cult' following Obama. My father and I both thought that Mrs. Clinton would have made a good president, but I think that the long campaign season exposed some of the flaws in her, and unlike Obama, who was held up as virtuous, we got to see the warts to Hilary.

That she isn't perfect, doesn't mean she wasn't capable. But now that it is done, I am fully behind Obama. It also helped that McCain/Palin was soooo inept.

Not only are you a pretty girl, you are quite clever. Gonna catch up to you!